HOME Forums Software iSmartenit Temp Probe and EZFlora Setup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Not sure if this is the proper forum or not but here goes… I purchased the ZBHT-2 temperature/humidity sensor and outdoor housing. My hope is to be able to control a particular zone (sprinkler valve) controlled by an EZFlora device. Specifically, this zone controls a mister system in our chicken coop for those extremely hot days (Central Valley of California) along with a solar powered fan.

When I go into the iSmartenit app and set the programming to turn on this zone at a given temperature, there’s no problem with an available specific zone turn on function based on a specific temperature. But when I attempt to set up a turn off point based on a lower temperature, I find there is no “turn off zone” function. As this zone is just for this mister system and has nothing to do with other sprinkler settings, I figure it should be possible. Except for the lack of an off function in the programming, it looks like it should work. Is there a reason for the lack of individual zone off functions?

I realize I could probably utilize a separate input/output controller but it would be nice to use what I have and keep it as simple as possible. But if I have to incorporate an I/O device instead, do have any specific suggestions?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I attempted to utilize a OutletLinc with a 48 volt transformer plugged into it and this wired directly to the mister’s sprinkler valve in an attempt to get this working. I have it scheduled to turn on at 90 degrees F and off at 88 degrees F. Here’s the programming language…

When “Temp/Humidity Sensor” Temperature is greater than 89 degrees F Every Day..
    Turn On “Chicken Coop Misters”

Then another wizard as follows…

When “Temp/Humidity Sensor” Temperature is less than 89 degrees F Every Day..
    Turn Off “Chicken Coop Misters”

Quotes to depict device name and not actually in wizard language. Unfortunately, this isn’t working. Although I can manually activate it at the OutletLinc and it works the valve as it should. Not sure why it’s not working through the iSmartenit app though. I do have a question regarding the ZBHT-2 settings within iSmartenit. There is a setting listed as “Manage Links”. Options include Gateway – On/Off or Metering and the two ZBMPlug15 modules (Switch) I have in the system. I’m not sure what these should be set to and if this has a bearing on why the control is not taking place. Any ideas or instructions? I’d still prefer to utilize the existing EZFlora but if I can get this OutletLinc system working, I’d be content.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the detailed explanation. We are verifying the setup. All this (ZBHT2/EZFlora/OutletLinc) will be working with the new firmware coming out in a few days.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just verified the following regarding the EZFlora in the Wizards:

When I go into the iSmartenit app and set the programming to turn on this zone at a given temperature, there’s no problem with an available specific zone turn on function based on a specific temperature. But when I attempt to set up a turn off point based on a lower temperature, I find there is no “turn off zone” function. As this zone is just for this mister system and has nothing to do with other sprinkler settings, I figure it should be possible. Except for the lack of an off function in the programming, it looks like it should work. Is there a reason for the lack of individual zone off functions?

We have purposely excluded Turn Off Individual Zone functionality. In order to Turn Off an Individual Zone, you can just choose Turn Off All Programs.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw that as an option but the issue doing this is that it could be possible that the EZFlora could be in the middle of a timed program that is running other sprinklers. If I understand this correctly, if the need to turn off the misters (temp below 88 degrees) happened and the EZFlora was in the middle of a sprinkler cycle (other zones), it would also shut off these prior to their completion.

What would be the issue with providing individual zone shut-off options? I would think that this would only be utilized with specific needs and not for the typical setup. Is there a programming conflict this would create?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A couple more questions for you…

Since the firmware update, the OutletLink is now working properly based on the temperature settings provided by the ZBHT-2. But I notice that the temp/humidity readouts in iSmartenit aren’t updating every 3 minutes as stated it should. When I look at the ZBFT-2, the antennae icon shows steady indicating connection. Any thoughts as to why the readings aren’t updating as they should?

I mentioned this previously and I am still curious as to what the “Manage Links” function is in the iSmartenit settings for this device. Would these have anything to do with the inconsistent updates I am experiencing?

Thanks and regards,
    Joseph.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sorry, did not get notified immediately about this post.

Since the firmware update, the OutletLink is now working properly based on the temperature settings provided by the ZBHT-2.

Good to hear that.

I notice that the temp/humidity readouts in iSmartenit aren’t updating every 3 minutes as stated it should. When I look at the ZBFT-2, the antennae icon shows steady indicating connection. Any thoughts as to why the readings aren’t updating as they should?

Let me get back to you on this after testing some things in the lab.

I mentioned this previously and I am still curious as to what the “Manage Links” function is in the iSmartenit settings for this device. Would these have anything to do with the inconsistent updates I am experiencing?

Manage Links allows you to add links(bindings in ZigBee terminology) to other ZigBee devices. This does not have anything to do with the inconsistent updates. I’ll check if there’s any documentation on using this functionality and post it back here.

Appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you and I’m looking forward to your testing results.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I notice that the temp/humidity readouts in iSmartenit aren’t updating every 3 minutes as stated it should. When I look at the ZBFT-2, the antennae icon shows steady indicating connection. Any thoughts as to why the readings aren’t updating as they should?

Can you please try the procedure below and the ZBHT2 will start reporting Temp/Hum every 3 mins:
    1. You must use the latest App. Download the latest App here: http://app.smartenit.com/desktop/
    2. Login to your Gateway, Go to ZBHT-2, click on Manage Links.
    3. Now, choose the Gateway device for both Temp and Humidity, then click save.

That’s it, the ZBHT-2 should start reporting the Temp and Hum every 3 mins.

Let us know how it goes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So far so good! I’ll keep an eye on it but it looks like the updated app resolved the issue. It would be nice if the app were to check for the latest version and provide a message letting you know it’s available. Or perhaps an email list announcement? Whatever the case… thank you very much!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would be nice if the app were to check for the latest version and provide a message letting you know it’s available.

Work already in progress!

Anonymous
    Inactive

An update about the App. It will now check for the latest version and provide a message letting you know it’s available. 8)
    This feature is implemented in the latest version 6.0.29, so from this version on the update announcement should work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Excellent! Thank you very much.

On a side note… any chance in making the device list able to be arranged other than based on the last device added to the server up top? Such as a “move up” or “move down” and then have this order saved?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Haha sure we can add that to the list, but i guess we should use this forum for new feature request 😛

Anonymous
    Inactive

Today when I opened the desktop version of the app I got the update notification message. Very cool. But.. when I downloaded the desktop version from app.smartenit.com/desktop and attempted to install it, it starts the install but then stops with the following message..

“Sorry, an error occured.

The application cannot be installed due to a certificate problem. The certificate does not match the installed application certificate, does not support application upgrades, or is invalid.Please contact the application author.”

I currently have app ver. 6.0.29 and gateway ver. 1.25

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.