HOME Forums General Product Ideas Touch Screen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

There have been talks of touch screens with other systems, does Simplehomnet have any plans on doing some sort of a touch screen implementation?

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are looking at leveraging the Nokia 770 (and later versions) to provide a portable touchscreen tablet based system. Smaller screen though – not an in wall 7 inch touchscreen type system.

Any other specific thoughts in mind?

Anonymous
    Inactive

My specific thought was that I don’t need a 7″ eye sore in my wall to turn on light scenes. I’m trying to get away from having 4 switches worth of wall space.

My eye is aimed at this right now:

http://www.touchtronix.com/products/rad-io.html

On the OEM page he is mentioned an embedded version and when I talked to him he said end of this year or perhaps Q2 next year. That was the form factor I am personally looking for. Something the size of a wall swithch or two that I can put custom graphics on to control scenes, macros, or triggers.

First company that makes something like that under $500 gets my money.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@jbev wrote:

My specific thought was that I don’t need a 7″ eye sore in my wall to turn on light scenes. I’m trying to get away from having 4 switches worth of wall space.

My eye is aimed at this right now:

http://www.touchtronix.com/products/rad-io.html

On the OEM page he is mentioned an embedded version and when I talked to him he said end of this year or perhaps Q2 next year. That was the form factor I am personally looking for. Something the size of a wall swithch or two that I can put custom graphics on to control scenes, macros, or triggers.

First company that makes something like that under $500 gets my money.

Sounds like a web page displayed on an iPhone…

Anonymous
    Inactive

@asw24b wrote:

Sounds like a web page displayed on an iPhone…

I am the manufacturer of this product. Its more than a web page. RAD-I/O is a unique product that splits a standard VGA desktop into 8 smaller sections, and renders each section over CAT5 cable to the small single gang touch screens. The touch screens display whatever is on the desktop. It requires the user interface to be modified to have 8 small “windows” that are in the correct position. But once done, there is no limit on what they can display.

-Dwayne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.