HOME Forums Gateways Raspberry Pi nodes that changed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Ok, next question:
    I would like to find out which nodes have changed value, like a button that was pushed or something similar (I am trying to build an automation that requires input from several sensors,which can’t be done with a scene or association). Do I need to retrieve the info on all the nodes for this, or is there some kind of signal or something similar that I can use to get a list of only the nodes that got changed?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Which nodes are you using? Zigbee, Insteon, X10?
    Insteon and Zigbee nodes report on change, so you get a zbppacketsignal XML packet every time their state change.

You can also poll the state of the node to check if it changed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks,
    right now I’m only interested in the zigbee part (as I only have zigbee devices). Maybe in the future I can have a look at the other 2 protocols.
    So those packets are send asynchronously by the server (without me doing a specific call)? Let me try that out (a bit more work…)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’m still doing something wrong. I have added a device to my zigbee controller (a ZBWS3) using the harmony gateway. I can see this device when I query for all the registered devices (currently using Node_GetNode). This returns me:

ZBP_NodeNode_GetNode
    5ef7
    137a000000183a

[]
    [00]
    ZBWS3

default.png

BasicEP,1
    06aa79b9-95c5-4938-b193-5f124efd8a02

But when I press a button on the ZBWS3, I get 2 messages:

NodeNode_NodeRemoved5ef72752
    NodeNode_EndDeviceAnnounce5ef7137a000000183a80

But no info about the fact that a button was pressed.
    Is my device not registered correctly or something? What am I missing?

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

What you see is the expected behaviour. The 3 buttons send On/Off command when the device has a binding with another device.

For e.g You can Bind a Button to control a Zigbee SmartPlug. Once you have a binding, every time you press the button, the ZBWS3 sends a Toggle command to the SmartPlug.

So what you want to do is create a binding in the ZBWS3 for the SmartPlug. On the Gateway you will be able to see the SmartPlug turn On/Off, but not anything from the ZBWS3.

You can create bindings through API or manually.

1. Manually: Explained in the ZBWS3 QuickStart Guide: http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloads/ZBWS3B%20Quick-Start.pdf

2. Through API: http://wiki.smartenit.com/api/classNodeMgmt.html#ad1a9388f23e1e35c26d90075617cf492
    u16DestAdd = ZBWS3 address
    u8SrcEP = 1 for Button1, 2 for Button 2 and Button 3.
    u16ClusterID = 0x0006
    u16BndgDest = Smartplug
    u8DestEP = 1

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On the Gateway you will be able to see the SmartPlug turn On/Off, but not anything from the ZBWS3.

Does this mean I can not see the values of devices like push buttons (like the ZBWS3), but only from devices that can receive commands like a smartplug?
    Or is there perhaps another way that I can query for the current value of each button on the ZBWS3?
    Or can I perhaps bind all the buttons to the gateway or a virtual device?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The buttons do not have a state. So there is no value to be read from them. When you press the button, a Toggle command is sent to the bound device. Its like a remote control with 3 Toggle buttons. Feel free to call/email me if you need help setting this up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, thanks. I’ll have to try out a few things then.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.