HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Linking RemoteLinc button to EZServe

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Still no Joy. I deleted the old scene and created a new one. The RemoteLinc was changed to Unit 03 to represent the 3rd Key. On the responders it was wanting values so I used 100% in the LD1 for on, used .1 seconds for as fast as possible and LD3 set to 03 for button 3

[attachment=2:b70ryc4i]screenshot_01.jpg[/attachment:b70ryc4i]

I got cockie, to the actions I added effect 2 with condition 2 to facilitate the off switch.

[attachment=1:b70ryc4i]screenshot_02.jpg[/attachment:b70ryc4i]

Condition 1 setup for turning on with 1103

[attachment=0:b70ryc4i]screenshot_04.jpg[/attachment:b70ryc4i]

Then feeling brave Condition 2 for turning off with 1303

[attachment=0:b70ryc4i]screenshot_04.jpg[/attachment:b70ryc4i]

The RemoteLinc is communicating with the EZSrve when I hit the 3 button both on and off the LED on the EZSrve flash but it does not engage the X10 module. I varied that the EZSrve can talk to the X10 module manually and it can. Am I missing something with the LD1, LD2, LD3 commands?

Anonymous
    Inactive

The screen capture labeled Condition 2 is for Condition 1. Since the 2 Conditions are ORed Condition 1 should cause the Action to trigger and run both Effects. There is no relationship of Condition 2 to Effect 2. The Conditions, ANDed or ORed define what will cause the Action to trigger. Once triggered, all defined Effects should occur. The blinking LED on the EZSrve does not mean that it reacted to the command from the RemoteLinc, only that it saw a command on the powerline. Did you wake up the RemoteLinc prior to changing the Scene? the LD1/2/3 values are fine.

Can you run telnet on the Mac? If so these are the telnet commands I execute on a PC to trace the EZSrve activity. The log file path and file name is arbitrary. The IP address would be that of your EZServe. Simplehomenet is the default password which should be adjusted if you changed the EZServe password.

telnet
    set logfile c:temptelnet.txt
    open 192.168.2.3 10001

at this point the EZServe should prompt for the normal login values

EZServe
    Simplehomenet

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a windoze machine. Par for the course when ever someone gives me a command set it doesn’t go as expected. After the set log file it wanted all sorts of other things which I only have a vague knowledge of windoze. Here’s what I got.

[attachment=0:33nl37lh]telnet.jpg[/attachment:33nl37lh]

I don’t know if it is asking me for those parameters or if that is the result of the set logfile command. At any rate it can’t connect, not sure why because I get on it just fine from the browser.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The open statement is missing the port number. open 192.168.2.3 10001 Do you have a subdirectory on c: drive named temp? I use temp for all the junk files. That way I can clean up the environment without having to look in several places. Also add a 5 second delay to Effect 2. The On command will immediately be followed by an Off command. That may not allow the device to turn on fast enough to be seen before being directed to turn off.

Anonymous
    Inactive

OK, didn’t recognize the port number, I’m using the default 8002 which is mapped and the IP address is static. I thought it might be a port but I don’t know the Telnet protocol I would have expected that I would have needed 192.xxx.x.xx:8002. I had the same non connect results (obviously) when I useed the 10001. I dumped the second event right now I just want to get something that works so just turning it on would be fine, then I”ll set up an off action. I assume I’m Telneting to get the log file to see what’s going on with the interaction between the RemoteLinc and EZSrev? I’ll give that a try as soon as I can.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The telnet trace contains detailed information about the internal processing of the EZSrve. It will show if the Group command is received from the RemoteLinc and what Action Effects occur as a result.

If you have the SHN Utility (free download) installed on the PC you can accomplish the same thing using that program. Most of the SHN Utility 1.81 will not function on a V2 image but the Control tab under EZServe/EZBridge does work. When you connect to the EZSrve the lower left message will NOT be updated with the revision level but the lower right message will say connected.
    From the Control tab “Data to send” window enter command below and click on Send XML. Then press RemoteLinc button 3.

The lower “Data received” window show something like the following which starts with the Group Broadcast, followed by a Group Cleanup Direct (both from the RemoteLinc to the EZSrve). Then the X10 On followed by the X10 Off after the delay. This trace will show if the Group messages are being sent/received and what EZSrve does in response.

Group Broadcast

Group Cleanup Direct

X10 On sequence

X10 Off sequence

I will be off the computer from about 8 PM EDT Wed night until 5 PM EDT Thur.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Telnet was a bust. Using the port address I got past the unable to connect screen to a blinking curser and thats it. Tried it with port 80 which the html client is using and got a connecting to screen and then another telnet prompt which I got the impression it should have been asking for the user name, password etc. Did get on with the SHN Utility and here are those results

Can you tell anything from this?

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is good information. It indicates the Group message from the RemoteLinc button 3 On was received by EZSrve.

Since nothing was traced after the above, that puts the Action definition in question. Using the EZSrve Server Administration screen List Files offload the Actions.xml file and post or send the file to lwgwork@embarqmail.com if the file is too large to post. The Scene (links) between the RemoteLinc and EZSrve are good, something is not as expected with the Action definition.

Anonymous
    Inactive

For those checking this for future reference this was finished up via email.

the Action Condition has a problem. The Device= value is the name of the X10 device, not the RemoteLinc.

When I changed the condition from the X10 device to the RemoteLinc it worked like a charm. Many thanks to Lee for his patience and help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just started playing around with this today, since I have a free button on my RemoteLinc, and would like to use it to trigger two different sets of events. I linked the button directly to the EZServ after adding the RemoteLinc to the device list.

I used the Attribute value of “1105” to respond to the “On” function of button 5 on the RemoteLinc and have tested that the actions respond normally.

What is the value to tell it to respond to the “OFF” function of button 5? I’ve skimmed the thread, but didn’t see it. Will skim again, but might need it spelled out… 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found it on the first page reading again…

ON function of button 5 = 1105
    OFF function of button 5 = 1305

And the xx05 is the button number, so if I wanted to link other buttons and have them trigger actions or scenes, I use the above format.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The xxyy Attribute Value is xx = cmd1 value; 0x11 = ON, 0x13 = OFF, 0x12 = Fast ON, 0x14 = Fast OFF are some common values. The yy is the Group number which matches the button number on the RemoteLinc, ControLinc and 8 button KeypadLinc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cool Grif. I’m thinking about getting a keypadlinc later on, and put it in place of my livingroom light switch, since it’s close to the front door and the garage door, both my main points of ingress/egress. Then I’ll link it to do specific actions.

I have been able to use button 5 on my RemoteLinc to trigger different events for the ON function and the OFF function, and even differentiated between daytime and nightime. Also figured out all the hex codes for the thermostat set points, so I incorporated those into the functions. Basically one set of functions for when I leave the house outside of my normal schedule, and one set of events for when I come back home.

I do wish you could add more Effects to an Event. 5 wasn’t enough, so I had to set up pairs of events for some situations.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.