HOME Forums Gateways Raspberry Pi Insteon 2450 I/O Link

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I installed the zbpserver on my raspberry pi. I was able to interface to it using Firefox on a Vista based PC. I have an Insteon 2413U PLM connected to it. I was able to work with my X10 devices with no problem. I then added an Insteon appliance Link. I found I had to press the set button to get it recognized as just typing in the 6 digit code did not work. I could then work with the appliance links. I then tried to add my garage door controlling 2450 I/O links by pressing the set button. Unfortunately this resulted in the demise of both my I/O links, they no longer communicate with anything and cannot be seen by the Insteon houselink software. I assume that the internal firmware in them is corrupted. I cannot afford to keep destroying $50 modules so I have stopped using the zbpserver software. However, I like what I saw before I hit this snag so I wondered if there are any known issues or ideas why this happened?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Andy,

This has something to do within the I/o Linc. There are no issues with adding I/O Linc to the zbpserver. Zbpserver merely tries to add links to the I/O Linc, this doesn’t corrupt the device.
    I would try factory resetting the I/O linc and see if it works.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The device firmware cannot be damaged by pressing the Set button. These are I2CS devices which do have special linking requirements. If the Set button was held too long and the link database erased by the factory reset a device already linked to the I/O Link will stop working because the required links are no longer present.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the fast replies 8)

I am not convinced that the devices are still working. I have tried every sort of factory reset I can think of and they will not set up links with other Insteon hardware or with the Insteon software that worked fine with them before. I did hold the set button down for a long time, maybe they self-destructed as it would seem weird for the zbpserver software to do this. I have two new units on order so I may try the manual code entry method to add one of them when I get them. One thing I noticed is that the 2450 I/O link is not on the wheel of expected devices from the manual entry dialog, is this significant? Another question, is the Insteon 2413U PLM officially supported by the zbpserver?

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Andy,

Please call us tomorrow between 9-5 and we can do an interactive session to find the problem.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I am on business trip this week. Will call you when I have new I/O links and am not traveling.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I got it working with the new I/O links.

Regards

Andy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Andy,

Glad to hear the good news.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a 2450 I/O Link working and am now trying to add a wizard to turn on inside lights after sunset if the input of the I/O Link opens.
    the program keeps defaulting to a closed input state not open as i need.

Can this be checked out thanks.

lynn

Anonymous
    Inactive

any feedback will help

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lynn,

I’m currently trying to identify the Asynchronous Message sent by the IOLINC when the Input or Output is triggered.
    My problem is that I’m not able to understand if that message is from the Input or the Output.

I appreciate your patience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could not distinguish the message from I/O Linc generated from Output or Input activity. So for now the App and Gateway will think of it as generated from input.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.