HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve How to replace EZSrve?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I have a dead EZSrve here, but going through all the products, it looks like I’ll need multiple pieces to replace that one piece. There are too many choices to make an educated decision…

All I want to do is turn on and off a few lamps connected to INSTEON plugs at a predetermined time (e.g. midnight and sunset minus thirty minutes.)

The EZSrve did that magnificently for a while, ’til it croaked.

It needs to be ETHERNET capable and programmable via a regular web browser, and cannot be dependent on platform (i.e. we’re using a mac here, not Windows)

What do I get?

THANKS!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there Dentar,

I’m sorry to hear about your EZSrve’s passing on…

What it sounds like you should go with is an Harmony P2 with the EZIComm interface. The gateway alone only communicates with the supported ZigBee and Wifi devices, but with the EZIComm interface, you’ll add INSTEON and X10 communication.

The processor and functionality is much better than the EZSrve and I’m sure you’ll be happy with this gateway.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Harmony P2 – http://smartenit.com/product/harmony-p2/

Anonymous
    Inactive

This has options… do I have to pick the 2414U thing or just the base unit and add the EZIcomm later.. and I assume I have to do the USB one?

Anonymous
    Inactive

You’ll want the option that is in the drop down list…the 2412U. (sorry, there’s a typo on the website…not 2414U)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, and sorry for the confusion…the EZIComm is our PLM which is essentially the same as the 2412U. I meant to direct you to purchase the 2412U interface option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.