HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve 2.0 Operation

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

So how do you configure EZServe so that say program runs at 22:00?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@grif091 wrote:

A reference to setting values in LDx fields are talking about the responder link record values for LD1/2/3. These values are set when a link is established with the EZFlora. You do not send LD1/2/3 values in an Insteon command. The reference to selecting Enter Command and hitting the delete key is a carryover of text from V1 that does not apply to V2 Actions. You can directly enter 4 hex digits into the Condition Attribute Value field (which again does not have anything to do with LD1/2/3 values).

I can only seem to enter 2 hex digits. How do I send HEX values per command set below?[attachment=0:3u6n9ipj]EZSERVE201-EZRain-3.jpg[/attachment:3u6n9ipj]

Anonymous
    Inactive

The values in the last post are cmd1 and cmd2 values. I don’t believe there is a way to specify an explicit cmd1 value in 02.01.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks – Simplehomenet please stick this on list for future versions – I’m off to downgrade to V1.6 as EZFlora support is non-negotiable for me.

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous
    Inactive

Repeating an answer I gave in the other topic about the same question. The fact that a specific command cannot be specified (which was the question) in no way means that EZFlora cannot be controlled by V2. As was noted in the other topic the V2 user guide describes the LDx values for controlling programs and valves. The Action Effect maybe another way. It would be a mistake to take the answer to a specific question and expand it as the answer to a completely different question.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My question was about sending a specific command because I couldn’t figure out another way to do it. Putting 4 hex digits in the condition field field isn’t helpful, since I’m trying to enable an action. So, again, how can I turn on an ezflora program at a specific time?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Let me join the chorus of users stymied by how to set up simple sunset to sunrise timers after reading the provided download documentation (but before searching out the answers on this forum). I suggest either adding a new “simple timers” menu, or at minimum adding explicit examples in the documentation.

I also think it would be beneficial to mention how to initiate Scenes with timers, which is useful if you have more than 5 devices to action with one event.
    In my case I had set up two Scenes in v1.6: NightLightsON and NightLightsOFF. The fact that you must set the attribute status to FF to initiate both a NightLightsON and NightLightsOFF scene is not documented from what I could find.

In actuality I had only 5 devices in each scene so I did not set up scenes under v2.0 and just used the 5 provided affects.
    Does it provide more reliable operation to initiate multiple devices from a scene, or to have 5 sequential effect (Insteon commands) issued?

Thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

To control individual EZFlora valves On and Off or to turn a Program On with an Actions Effect specify Attribute: Status with the following Values…

00 – valve 1 Off
    01 – valve 2 Off
    02 – valve 3 Off
    03 – valve 4 Off
    04 – valve 5 Off
    05 – valve 6 Off
    06 – valve 7 Off
    07 – valve 8 Off

80 – valve 1 On
    81 – valve 2 On
    82 – valve 3 On
    83 – valve 4 On
    84 – valve 5 On
    85 – valve 6 On
    86 – valve 7 On
    87 – valve 8 On

20 – Program 1 On
    28 – Program 2 On
    30 – Program 3 On
    38 – Program 4 On

I have not found a combination that results in Program x Off.

These findings were developed by watching the Insteon commands being issued by EZSrve for an Actions Effect with a Condition of At Time: Absolute =. I do not have an EZFlora to confirm the device responds but the Insteon commands issued track the EZRain Command Set document.

Anonymous
    Inactive

txkoiboy, I am working on the screen captures for a Actions with an Effect of SceneX. There may be a glitch in this area as I am having trouble getting the Scene to be controlled from the Effect. As soon as I have something working I will post screen captures of the Action/Condition screens.

In concept you define a Scene with EZSrve as the controller, specifying a Unit number that is unique for EZSrve, with one or more responder devices. The responder definitions are the same as they would be if creating a Scene where a SwitchLinc was the Controller, for example. Then the Scene name is selected for the Effect.

As far as which is better, specifying individual devices or a Scene containing those devices, there are pros and cons on both sides. Specifying individual devices allows a delay in controlling one or more of the responders. The down side is you cannot get all the devices to respond together (at the same time). With a Scene, a Group Broadcast is going to be received by all the devices essentially at the same time so they all react together. They can have different Bright levels and different ramp rates, just like any other group of responders.

As far as the number of commands it is pretty close. For a Scene one Group Broadcast message is issued followed by a Group Cleanup Direct to each responder.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow Grif, nice detective work! I’ll give these a whirl tonight.

I decided that since SHN seems to have incomplete docs, we should get to updating the wiki. But, it looks like the “wiki” is not editable by the public, and I could not figure how to register to edit it. So, the best docs are still found by searching the forums.

Anonymous
    Inactive

LOCATION SCREEN NOT WORKING UNDER IE8

I noticed that my timers were firing off 1 hour earlier. What I noticed the problem was that on the Location page that the Latitude and Longitude did not display (nor the save). Putting in my zipcode and hitting FindLocation did not appear to do anything.

I had to open up my Chrome browser to see the page correctly and get the settings entered.

(Settings are Central Timezone and zip is 77009.)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Run IE8 in Compatibility View mode. The missing fields will display in that mode.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This is an example of a simple time based Action which turns On a Scene and 20 seconds later turns the same Scene Off.

[attachment=1:6bs3eiqd]ActionSceneCondition.JPG[/attachment:6bs3eiqd]

[attachment=0:6bs3eiqd]ActionScene.JPG[/attachment:6bs3eiqd]

The Scene name is SKeyPadLincWhiteB6 which has EZSrve as the Controller and KeypadLinc button 6 as the responder. Effect 1 turns On KPL button 6 LED and Effect 2 turns Off KPL button 6 LED.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.