X10 Problems 2008-05-26T14:54:39+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve X10 Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #39961 |

For quite a while I am using a regular Insteon USB Powerlinc Controller and the timer software to control interior and exterior lights. Most receivers are Insteon based but I still have a few X10 based on/off plug in modules for exterior light control. There has been no problem with the signal reliability of the USB controller and X10.

When I seen the EZServe I immediately said “I need this”. So I ordered a controller, removed the USB controller and installed the EZServe with it. But now my X10 lights work very unreliably. I have about a third of them working while the rest refuses to operate at all. The EZServe is installed in the same outlet as the USB controller was but it does not seem to have the same strength.

So I moved the EZServe from outlet to outlet but I could not find a location that would make the X10 receivers work reliably. Why is the signal strength of the EZServe so much less? Can this be adjusted or “fixed” with a firmware upgrade? I already have a BoosterLinc installed as well.

Thanks
    Dan

Anonymous

The PLM from Smarthome unfortunately has turned out to not have as reliable of X10 communication as their power line controller. The EZSrve leverages the PLM from Smarthome. In the short term we cannot fix this in firmware.

One thing I did not see you try is place the boosterlinc closer to the EZSrve (to the point where you piggy back the EZSrve on the boosterlinc). The boosterlinc should rebroadcast the signal at the PLC strength.

Anonymous

Very good tip! I plugged the EZServe on top of the BoosterLinc and all X10 devices work without a problem.

I’ll have to wait for version 1.51 to be released before I can fully utilize the EZSErve, since the current approach in programming V1 Insteon devices is too cumbersome.

Thanks again for the tip.

Anonymous

We are allowing a couple of users the chance to Beta test 1.51. If you would like, please feel free to PM me and we can arrange for you to get an early release of 1.51.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.