X10 action based event disappears 2012-04-21T13:49:54+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve X10 action based event disappears

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40333 |

EZsrve using the Harmony GUI, I can’t get an x10 device event to trigger any actions. And once I’ve saved the Action, and return to it, the X10 device that I specified is gone. I can see the X10 devices turn on & off, so it’s not a communication problem, so I know the changes are reaching the Ezsrve. I’ve been searching for any reasons why an x10 device couldn’t be used to trigger an action and did find one instance that X10 might not be used “ When selecting device based event, the device must be a controller of ezsrve. You’ll need to set up a Scene where the “device-based event” is the controller and ezsrve is the responder”. I’ve updated to the current firmware 2.06.16, but very unsure of what Devclusters are and the role they play. In short am I limited to using only Insteon devices only to trigger actions, or am I missing something about setting X10 up to effect change or trigger events?

Anonymous

The reference to the Insteon device being linked to the EZSrve is an Insteon requirement. The EZSrve will not receive a device On/Off message required to trigger an Action without that link.

X10 events can be used to trigger Actions. Using the HTML interface I set up an Action triggered from an A05 On. The Action was triggered. I then brought up the Harmony interface to see how it would display the Action. Unfortunately it looks like my Actions file was corrupted and erased when I tried to update and save that Action.

At present my EZSrve is in a reboot loop so I am not able to do more testing. Once I get that cleared up I will come back to this question.

Anonymous

I’m experiencing the same. But wasn’t able to difine the error.
    Thanx

Anonymous

It appears the Harmony client is not setting up an X10 device correctly for an Action trigger. After defining a new Action with an X10 device as Condition 1 I looked at the Action definition with the HTML interface. The Attribute and Attribute Value were not set for an X10 device trigger. I set the Attribute to Status and the Attribute Value to 2 (for an X10 On). Once I saved the Condition and saved the Action the Action does trigger. Through Harmony I set up device X10A05 On as Condition 1. The device X10A05 was correctly set but the other two items for an X10 device trigger were not.

Anonymous

Is this a glitch in the harmony web interface that can be corrected, the next time I log on, and start from the beginning, or after making a record I have to transpose all my x10 actions and re-write them in the html and also learn all about significant digit place holders and commands and all that? Or should I just use the built in interface in the ezserv to work with all my x10 needs? But will my records be re-written when I view or make additions to the harmony interface.
    Thanx for figuring out what has become a major stumbling block to my implementation of the device. I’m suprised that this didn’t surface earlier. 😛

Anonymous

Can the problems with setting the x10 address be fixed in the GUI, or how should I go about getting around the issue in other ways. I would like to retire my Active home interface and start using the harmony with my EZIO, but without the support of X10 I’m back where I started 3 years ago.
    The purpose of using the harmony GUI, was any improvements to the software would be loaded with each login, or has the changes related to this glitch been administered and not mentioned?
    Thanx
    Darin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.