What the matter with Macro Time settings? 2008-07-29T02:26:31+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve What the matter with Macro Time settings?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #40025 |

I am at a loss to understand the time+/-window settings. If I set it to time+window of 12:00 and 6:00 isn’t that the same as time-window 18:00 6:00? I don’t really see the point. I can’t seem to get my macros to tolerate time settings which include a time before midnight and after midnight. As an example a macro time period of time+window of 18:00 and 5:59, will work fine, but if I enlarge the window past 12 PM the macro stops working?????? Presently I have to write two sets of macros for before 12PM and after 12PM!?

Any chance that we will get a more granular dimming ability on the macros, the devices are capable of 32 levels of dimming, but the macro only allows 5 levels. Any chance of nested macro conditions/actions???

I look forward to more functionality with your other products (EZX10RF, EZUIRT, EZIO8SA), the products are listed in your firmware, but I cannot get my EZSrve to link to them yet.

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous

I want to define macros that only trigger between Sunset and Sunraise. I see no way of doing that. Could this be added or if it is already there, clean up the UI so that it is obvious how to do it.

Anonymous

Dave, currently to get Sunset to Sunrise coverage, you need two macros. One with a Sunset+ and the second with a Sunrise-, both with the same If Then definitions. I have a test set up for tonight to be sure this works. Another user I communicate with has said this works. I’ll post the results of tonight’s test tomorrow.

Anonymous

Dave, I’m testing a beta image follow on to 1.54.2 which has some macro enhancements that could support a single macro covering sunset to sunrise. I still plan to test the two macro approach tonight along with some of the macro enhancements. Will post the results of overnight testing tomorrow morning.

Anonymous

rslaufer, can you provide the exact detail of the macro that does not work when it spans midnight; the If:, When:, and Then: data. I did a test of a macro with Sunset + 6 hh and another macro with Sunrise – 8 hh; both macros spanned midnight and both macros triggered on both sides of midnight. I’ll set up a test that matches your macro specifications and see if it works on the latest beta image or you can contact Paul to get a copy of the beta image to test yourself.

I think whether you look at an event from its start time plus a block of time or from the stop time minus a block of time is just personal choice. A store that opens at 10:00 and closes at 18:00 could establish a macro to monitor the front door by specifying the opening time of 10:00 plus 8 hours or the close time of 16:00 minus 8 hours. Same result, just a matter of whether one looks at the event from a start time or an end time perspective.

Anonymous

The two macro scenario for handling sunset to sunrise is confirmed to work on the beta image as well as earlier images. One macro covered Sunset+6 hours, the second macro covered Sunrise-8 hours. The first macro triggered for its 6 hour window, before and after midnight. The second macro triggered for its 8 hour window, before and after midnight. The hours of overlap between the two macros allow for the normal shifting of sunset and sunrise times as the season changes.

A beta image follow on to 1.54.2 has additional macro options for handling sunrise/sunset. These new macro options eliminate the need for two macros to cover the sunset to sunrise and sunrise to sunset time periods. A single macro with the “between sunset and sunrise” option provided the same trigger action as the two macro approach described above.

Anonymous

I’m afraid my original question was misunderstood when someone replied to my question with his own question, regarding sunrise/sunset issues.

My problem is that if I create a macro that has a time+window of 18:00 and 05:59 everything works fine. When I extend the window past 12 midnight, i.e set the window to 06:02, the macro no longer works at all! Macro time conditions don’t seem to “like” bridging two days.

Any thoughts regarding my other questions, regarding increasing the dim settings or nesting macros to increase their flexibility?

Anonymous

rslaufer, thanks for your last post. I created a macro with a time of 18:00 and window of 05:59 and it worked. I then changed the window value to 06:02 and it continues to work. I’ll check the macro operation immediately after midnight to be sure it works for those last few minutes.

I’m running a beta image that will be a follow on to 1.54.2. If you have an interest in testing the beta image, see “Setting a macro for night – understanding Sunset+ /etc” topic under EZSrve for Paul’s message about obtaining the beta image.

SHN will have to speak to the question of functional changes. If you have not seen it, SHN has opened EZSrve topic “1.55 Feature List” for posting requests for new features.

EDIT: further testing of the window spanning midnight gave the following results ….

23:58:45 – macro triggered
    23:59:45 – macro triggered
    00:00:45 – macro triggered
    00:01:45 – macro triggered
    00:02:45 – macro triggered
    00:03:45 – macro did not trigger

The beta is handling a window value spanning midnight correctly.

Anonymous
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.