What software are you using? 2008-02-08T03:07:20+00:00

HOME Forums Input/Output EZIOxx What software are you using?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #39855 |

I have a 2×4 and Girder. I love Girder but I haven’t figured out how to get it to detect the IOs. Currious what people are using.

Thanks,
    MR

Anonymous

@MR wrote:

I have a 2×4 and Girder. I love Girder but I haven’t figured out how to get it to detect the IOs. Currious what people are using.

Thanks,
    MR

Indigo.

Anonymous

THanks. Are folks primarily Mac users? I’m trying to figure out how to get Girder to work with the 2×4 directly or how to get another application to work and then I can have Girder detect the states of that application. Unfortunately I don’t have an Mac.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Anonymous

Not all folks are Mac users – though Indigo is a wonderful piece of software and they are quick to support new products.

Quite a few windows users use the free utility to setup the modules, and then go from there. I guess if you explain what you want to do, we can provide a better answer. Also, there are standalone controllers such as our EZSrve (advertising warning) – though this is more money that girder or powerhome or the like.

Anonymous

Thanks. Well, I basically want Girder to detect the states of the inputs and then do different events depending on the time of day. I’m doing the standard garage door detection thing and I’d like Girder to send me an email if the door is open durring the day (that I would recive on my BlackBerry) and flash lights in the evening. The thing is in Girder the device just shows as 9% dimmed or something and I’m having a hard time figuring out how to detect discrete states. The free software for setting and detecting the states works, but it doesn’t see to autoupdate (I have to hit the buttons for it to update.)

So, ultimately I’m trying to get Girder to know the state of the individual IOs and I was thinking if there is a good piece of software out there already, I might be able to piggy-back on it. I would appreciate other suggestions.

Thanks,
    MR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.