Very basic questions 2008-02-20T21:01:30+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Very basic questions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    #39872 |

I feel a bit lost here, so instead of fumbling around for the next few hours I think I’ll post and see if someone can help out! 🙂

I’m trying to start out and do some very basic tasks with the EZSrve – basically add a few devices to it, and get control of those devices through the web interface.

I upgraded to v1.30, and went into the DEVICES section. I have the EZSrve plugged into an outlet, and a test LampLinc piggybacked on top if it for testing. I choose Add New Device, I name it Dimmer1, and I type the Insteon address into the ID field. I click SAVE, and it asks me if I want to ‘Create An Insteon Link’. I click YES. It asks me to confirm, I click OK.

It then brings up a progress bar, and after 10 seconds or so brings me back to the DEVICES page. However, I don’t see anything added under the Device List drop-down.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any documentation available?

Thanks!

Anonymous

OK, scrap that I figured out that I hate to tap-link the device even though the GUI doesn’t prompt for that.

OK, so I’ve added a couple devices and can control them – cool!

I see there is a GROUP/SCENE function when adding the device. How can I great a group of devices so I can turn them all on with a single button press?

Also, is it currently possible to create links between devices (say a SwitchLinc and LampLinc)?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.