V2.01 and EZFlora / Rain 2009-07-09T04:06:50+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve V2.01 and EZFlora / Rain

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    #40186 |

How do I set a specific time for the EZRain to turn on? I already have programs set and manually running works ok from EZServe ie linking is fine.

See attachments for what I have set up.

Thanks

Peter[attachment=1:3h7h0c5g]EZSERVE201-EZRain-1.jpg[/attachment:3h7h0c5g][attachment=0:3h7h0c5g]EZSERVE201-EZRain-2.jpg[/attachment:3h7h0c5g]

Anonymous

See post:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=638&p=3559#p3559

It appears currently it is not possible to set a timer in V2.01 to turn on EZFlora / EZRain

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous

I would not make that assumption. The question was can an explicit command be specified and I believe the answer is no, as I said in the referenced post. That answer was to that specific question, not whether the EZFlora can be controlled. The V2 user guide describes the LDx values for controlling valves and programs as one way of controlling the device. The Action Effect may be another option. It would be a mistake to take the answer to a question about specific command usage and conclude that meant there was not EZFlora support.

Anonymous

To control individual EZFlora valves On and Off or to turn a Program On with an Actions Effect specify Attribute: Status with the following Values…

00 – valve 1 Off
    01 – valve 2 Off
    02 – valve 3 Off
    03 – valve 4 Off
    04 – valve 5 Off
    05 – valve 6 Off
    06 – valve 7 Off
    07 – valve 8 Off

80 – valve 1 On
    81 – valve 2 On
    82 – valve 3 On
    83 – valve 4 On
    84 – valve 5 On
    85 – valve 6 On
    86 – valve 7 On
    87 – valve 8 On

20 – Program 1 On
    28 – Program 2 On
    30 – Program 3 On
    38 – Program 4 On

I have not found a combination that results in Program x Off.

These findings were developed by watching the Insteon commands being issued by EZSrve for an Actions Effect with a Condition of At Time: Absolute =. I do not have an EZFlora to confirm the device responds but the Insteon commands issued track the EZRain Command Set document.

Anonymous

Great – thanks for the clarification – I will check to see if it indeed does turns on….

…no it doesn’t.

Here’s what is configured.[attachment=2:2kxevw9v]EZSERVE201_EZFlora4.jpg[/attachment:2kxevw9v][attachment=1:2kxevw9v]EZSERVE201_EZFlora5.jpg[/attachment:2kxevw9v]

Tried both “80” and “20” ie turn on valve 1 and program 1

Ah – should be “status” not “config”, nope same problem – doesn’t turn on when I use “status” (see screen shot and, yes I did change the action time)[attachment=0:2kxevw9v]EZSERVE201_EZFlora6.jpg[/attachment:2kxevw9v]

Anonymous

Try issuing this command through the SHN Utility EZSrve/EZBridge Control tab to start Program 1. The 1.81 version of the Utility will work for this.

Change AA.BB.CC to the Insteon address of the EZFlora. Using a Cmd1=”40″ turns on valve 1.

Anonymous

@grif091 wrote:

Try issuing this command through the SHN Utility EZSrve/EZBridge Control tab to start Program 1. The 1.81 version of the Utility will work for this.

Change AA.BB.CC to the Insteon address of the EZFlora. Using a Cmd1=”40″ turns on valve 1.

Can’t get utility V1.81 to connect to EZRain unit – insteon messages time out or utility crashes. But EZServe can control it ie I can manually turn on values etc.

Also the traffic log shows no traffic when EZServe web interface turns on a valve – I know it’s turning the value on because the sprinkler is dispensing water over my lawn. Is V1.81 compatible with V2.01 EZServe?

Anonymous

The 1.81 version of the Utility using the Control tab will execute the xml I posted and should show the responses if any. It will not communicate using the other device specific tabs. I have modified a version of 1.81 that does support V2 for the device specific tabs and Link Management. Send me a PM with an email address and I will send you the modified Utility .exe file (window title displays 1.81 V2). I did not understand all that you posted. You connect the Utility to the EZSrve, not the EZFlora. You should be able to Connect to EZSrve running a V2 image. The lower left corner message will not display the image version as that response changed in V2 but the lower right message will show connected. From there you should be able to go to the Control tab and issue the xml in my post. The screen capture of 1.81 is connected to my EZSrve running 02.01, with the xml using my EZIO8SA to receive the Cmd1=”42″ because I do not have a EZFlora. One on order but that will not be here until next week.

EDIT: the Insteon Traffic tab of the Utility is not a generalized Insteon traffic trace. I would not expect it to show the Insteon messages issued by EZSrve.

[attachment=0:s1i6ipjg]Utility181.JPG[/attachment:s1i6ipjg]

Anonymous

Thanks – now I understand. However no luck – this is what I get when I click SEND XML[attachment=0:25xhh5yf]EZSERVE201_EZFlora7.jpg[/attachment:25xhh5yf]

I will try again later when I’m on the LAN (doing this externally which may be causing crash).

Anonymous

Grif, vaughanp, I’ve been able to use 80 and 20 “status” values to successfully turn on my sprinklers. Don’t know why it’s not working for some people — it worked for me on my first tries.

Anonymous

I think I understand what my problem is.

The Actions.xml file is not updating with a new action timer setting. So I set the sprinklers to run on at say current time + 10 minutes then the action is not executed because the new time hasn’t been processed yet.

How long should it take from entering an action to that action showing up in the actions.xml files (as accessed from server conf page -> list files?

UPDATE: Success – closing browser seems to force update within a minute or two and the timer executed and my grass is now being watered 🙂

Thanks

Peter

Anonymous

You have to click Save on the Condition screen, click the back Icon, then click Save on the Action screen for an update to take effect. I was changing the Absolute= time to 1 minute ahead of current time to determine the status value combinations and the Action always triggered. Be sure to Save on both the Condition screen and the Action screen. No need to move off the Actions function let alone close the browser.

Anonymous

I checked using your sequence – yep update is instant.

Thanks

Peter

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.