Utility use with EZIO8SA 2007-07-31T13:02:21+00:00

HOME Forums Software SimpleHomeNet Utility Utility use with EZIO8SA

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #39747 |

I have a question regarding using the Utility with the EZIO8SA. The first screen of the utility gives a choice to connect to the EZBridge or PLC. If the EZIO8SA is connected to its own separate PLM, will the utility work with other third party bridges, such as the ISY-26 from Universal-Devices, by entering its IP address and port. If not, will using a PLC both configure and control the EZIO8SA?

Thanks
    George

Anonymous

At this time, we only support the EZBridge and the PLC. However, the utility is open source now, so if a developer is interested in other interfaces, send me an email. The PLC will allow full configuration and control of the EZIO8SA.

Anonymous

The fact the the PLC gives me full access is sufficient at the present time since I am still running a PLC anyway.

Anonymous

I am still getting intermittent hangups of the software, but at least I no longer have to run Houselinc first.

I have two questions:

1- On the Configuration tab of the EZRain tab, there is a button to “Enable Message Broadcast”. How can you tell, if it is currently enabled or not?

2- Is the “Manage Links” tab meant to work with the EZIO8SA by using the PLM id as the module number? I have tried that and it hangs with a “Found A Record…Retreiving” message. I also get a consistent hang with the EZRain module number, but in this case it hangs at “Getting Links”. I can clear the hangups in both cases by clicking on “Stop Diagnostics”; the status then returns to “Ready”.

Anonymous

In regards to your questions

1) Right now the utility does not have a UI to show if it is already enabled. It will not hurt to send multiple events.

2) There is a bug in the manage links tab – working on that this weekend. It will be corrected in version 1.2.

Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.