Using EZIO8SA digital input events as conditions 2009-09-09T03:46:39+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Using EZIO8SA digital input events as conditions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #40210 |

I have upgraded to v2.04 (Utility no longer works) and I want to program a transition on a digitial input (I1) to trigger an event for a condition on an action. Can someone walk me through the programming (step-by-step) using the new flash interface (I could not figure out how to do it using HTML interface).

Thanks

Anonymous

Is it the linking that you want information on or the defining of the Action itself? Both can be done through the HTML interface. What cannot be done through the HTML interface is setting the Group number in the virtual inputs. This has to be done either by manually linking the particular input with the Set button in which case the EZIO8SA hardware will set it automatically or using the SHN Utility. I can send you a copy of the SHN Utility .exe that runs on the 02.04 image if you send me an email address at lwgwork@embarqmail.com where I can send it.

Anonymous

The linking is the problem of the day (and having no utility and a new interface is further compounding the problem). If you could give me specific instructions on how to configure the input on the EZIO (including the group number), the Controller link on the EZIO and the Responder link on the EZServ (if necessary), that would be great. I will update the IDs and the group number to my unique configuration and should be fine once the links are established. I will also send an email to get the latest SHN Utility.

Thanks for the prompt assitance.

Anonymous

At the EZSrve Device Management screen click on the Scenes Icon. Select “Create New Scene”, enter a Scene name, under Controllers select the EZIO8SA and set Unit number to the Group number for the Input you want to use (Group 1 for Input 1, Group 2 for Input 2, etc). Click ADD under Controllers to add the EZIO8SA to the list of controllers. Under Responders, select EZServe, set LD1 to 100%, LD2 to 0.1 second and LD3 to 00. Click on ADD under Responders to add EZServe to the list of responders. Click SAVE to create the Scene. This may take a few minutes depending on the number of links which already exist in the EZServe and the EZIO8SA.

Run the SHN Utility EZIOxx tab to set Input 1 to Group 1 and/or whatever Inputs you plan on using. Be sure to click on WRITE to save the each input that you set the Group value.

Once the Scene has been established and the SHN Utility has been used to set the Group number for the Input you want to use, you can now create an Action that triggers on the Input state change On or Off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.