Upgraded to 1.50 2008-05-18T23:54:12+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Upgraded to 1.50

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    #39957 |

I upgraded to 1.50 today. The upgrade process went fine but I have a question and an issue:

The issue: The EZServe turned on all my sunset activated timers at 4:00 today, 4 hours early. Why?

The question: how do you use the new Holiday feature?

–Don

Anonymous

My timers turned items on an hour early today. This is the first time I noticed after an upgrade mid week. I turned off the items and they later came on at the correct time. Timer set to Sunset plus :30. This appears an extra firing.

Anonymous

@duwa348 wrote:

I upgraded to 1.50 today. The upgrade process went fine but I have a question and an issue:

The issue: The EZServe turned on all my sunset activated timers at 4:00 today, 4 hours early. Why?

The question: how do you use the new Holiday feature?

–Don

For the bug, can you try the following:
    1)Can you tell me what the time is on the EZSrve in the admin pages?
    2)Change the timezone from whatever it is set, to a different value, and then change it back again to the correct time zone. Let me know if this clears the problem, it sounds like the timezone was reset during the upgrade. We are going to be looking into this as well, and if it is a bug, we will get it corrected ASAP.

Holiday features: take a quick look at the operator’s guide
    http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloads/EZSrve%20Guide.pdf

Now, to expand on the feature, basically there are now “eight” days in a week. Sun – Sat, and then a holiday. The holiday screen allows you to set which calendar days of the year are a holiday. Then, when that calendar day rolls around, it is not Sun-Sat, but it is a holiday, and only timers configured as a holiday will fire, and no timers for Sun-Sat will fire. This is useful to create setups to make it look like you are home when you leave, or change a thermostat level, etc…

Anonymous

@cbjohnson wrote:

My timers turned items on an hour early today. This is the first time I noticed after an upgrade mid week. I turned off the items and they later came on at the correct time. Timer set to Sunset plus :30. This appears an extra firing.

To make sure I understand, you upgraded mid week, and the timer in question has been working fine for a few days, and then Sun it triggered incorrectly, or is this timer only set for Sunday?

Can you confirm the time on the EZSrve is correct, and that the Sunrise / Sunset times are correct as well?

Thanks

Anonymous

That is correct, I upgraded Wednesday and did not notice a problem Wednesday evening. I was out of town until this evening so I don’t know about the other days. The time and the sunset times are shown correctly. These are X10 timers. Another thing occurred this evening as well and that is an all lights on X10 command at about 9:55pm. There are no timers set to that time and non with X10 all lights on, but the time is close to the sunset plus :30 plus 1 hour. 1.43 had been working with the exact setup since release with no problems. Please let me know what else I can do to assist. This is a great product. Thanks

Anonymous

Can you send me the XML data base files? They will help in debug and determining what is going on.

Thanks and we will get to the bottom of this as quick as possible.

Anonymous

Paul

The timers are set to every day not just Sunday.

Thanks

Anonymous

For the bug, can you try the following:
    1)Can you tell me what the time is on the EZSrve in the admin pages?

Time is correct

2)Change the timezone from whatever it is set, to a different value, and then change it back again to the correct time zone. Let me know if this clears the problem, it sounds like the timezone was reset during the upgrade. We are going to be looking into this as well, and if it is a bug, we will get it corrected ASAP.

I reset the time zone and resaved all the timers. The Sunset timers all worked correctly this evening.

Holiday features: take a quick look at the operator’s guide
    http://www.simplehomenet.com/Downloads/EZSrve%20Guide.pdf

Now, to expand on the feature, basically there are now “eight” days in a week. Sun – Sat, and then a holiday. The holiday screen allows you to set which calendar days of the year are a holiday. Then, when that calendar day rolls around, it is not Sun-Sat, but it is a holiday, and only timers configured as a holiday will fire, and no timers for Sun-Sat will fire. This is useful to create setups to make it look like you are home when you leave, or change a thermostat level, etc

Thanks

–Don

Anonymous

Any insight into what happened? The problem has not recurred since Sunday.

Anonymous

Not yet.

I have run through several very complex timer simulations, artificially changing dates, and have not been able to reproduce what you have seen.

What we are planning to do is to introduce a logging feature, so we can tell if a timer was triggered, Insteon traffic / X10 traffic received, etc… so we will be able to address these events more timely. The log will not be in the 1.51 version most likely, but it will definitely be in the next version.

We are going to continue to do robustness tests as well, and I will post if we find anything.

Anonymous

Are you going to log to the device or can we redirect the logs to someplace on our network?

Anonymous

Again today Sunday timer problems. I was not home until after lights should have been on. It appears either timers fired an hour early both on and off or never turned on. I turn on manually then automatically off at 10 pm, as they should. Then like last week all lights on an hour and a half after sunset. No all lights commands programmed at all. I don’t understand why you can’t repeat. This is definitely something you should be able to repeat. Only a Sunday issue. No problems all week but Sunday very similar last week.

Anonymous

FYI My sunset based on/off timers using Insteon commands are working correctly, including Sunday, running 1.50.

Anonymous

I added 4 sunset based timers for two X10 devices. Running Houselinc Desktop to trace the powerline activity. The two timers turned on each X10 outside flood light at sunset Monday and two timers turned off the X10 outside flood lights a few minutes later. Will monitor the X10 timers through Sunday and post the results.

As an interesting note, the X10 timers were not initially reliable in controlling the flood lights even though the X10 commands were issued and traced by Houselinc Desktop. Turns out I had plugged the EZSrve into a non-surge power strip but the strip was powered from an APC UPS. Obviously not what I had intended but interestingly, the Insteon devices controlled from their own timers have worked without failure for weeks.

EDIT: sunset based timers controlling Insteon and X10 devices working correctly so far (Mon, Tues, Wed).

EDIT2: sunset based timers continue to work (Thur, Fri, Sat). I will post Sunday’s result. If my configuration fails, I will send you my XML files. Did not seem worth sending my files until I know if my environment fails.

Anonymous

@cbjohnson wrote:

Again today Sunday timer problems. I was not home until after lights should have been on. It appears either timers fired an hour early both on and off or never turned on. I turn on manually then automatically off at 10 pm, as they should. Then like last week all lights on an hour and a half after sunset. No all lights commands programmed at all. I don’t understand why you can’t repeat. This is definitely something you should be able to repeat. Only a Sunday issue. No problems all week but Sunday very similar last week.

I know we asked for some of the files, but would you be willing to email me all of your XML files so we can try to duplicate this problem?

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.