Translate X10 command to Insteon 2010-04-08T21:17:28+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Translate X10 command to Insteon

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #40256 |

Is it possible to have EZServe be setup as follows:

1) EZSrve receives an X10 command
    2) EZSrve sends a signal to an Insteon device

If so could you please give exact details (I am still a relative novice at this). Would appreciate signal for a) ON and b) OFF. — for instance using X10 codes for unit numbered C1

Thanks

Anonymous

Take a look at page 2 of Topics under EZSrve category. The Topic “2.0 Operation”, about the 7th post in this topic has screen captures of an Action definition AX10B16On. This Action triggers from an X10 On from B16. Simply substitute the device name for the X10 device you want to trigger on. The Effect turns on an Insteon device DICONSwitchTest. Change the device name to whatever Insteon device you want to turn On. You will need a second Action that triggers from the same X10 device but the Status value will be 03 (X10 Off command) rather than the 02 (X10 On command) in the example. The Effect for the second Action will have a Status value of 00 (Insteon Off) rather than the FF (Insteon On) value in the example.

Anonymous

Thanks…. tried your suggestions and light failed to activate. I have setup device as: NAME – x10c1 ID C01 TYPE x10 … under my conditions as shown in “2.0 Operation” I have used “Attribute = Status”… there is the possibility of using “x10 control option” which I did not use.

Anything else I should try?

thanks again

Anonymous

Using Server Configuration, LIST FILES, right click on the Actions file and Save Target as… to offload the Actions.xml file and post the Actions you defined. Both the Condition and the Action have to be Enabled, the correct Days of the Week have to be selected, various things could be wrong. There are traces that can be run to determine if EZServe is receiving the X10 signal, whether it triggered the Action and if so what Effect did it execute. However, I think we should verify the Action is correct first.

Anonymous

Only thing I can retrieve is:

XML Parsing Error: duplicate attribute
    Line Number 39, Column 75:

^

thanks

Anonymous

Try the Harmony client. It may be able to offload the Actions file. Also try doing a Restart (NOT RESET), then try offloading the Actions file. If none of that is successful, you can try deleting all the Actions and see if that will get you to an Actions file you can offload. The final solution is to do a RESET but that is drastic, clearing all the xml files. Before doing a RESET through the Server Configuration function, try offloading all the other xml files so they can be reloaded after the RESET.

What image level are you running?

Anonymous

I have tried restarting. No change. I have tried to erase a timer which I believe might be the offending issue. It appears to stall the EZServe unit (It waits for a response which never occurs and I must restart to receive any response from the unit). What is a harmony client? Also, is there any way to erase the offending action file?

Anonymous

The Harmony client is the new Adobe Flash based graphics client that will eventually replace the HTML interface to the EZSrve. It is beta level at present but very far along. You can use the Harmony client by entering the URL http://www.compacta.org into your browser. The client is transferred over the net so it takes a bit for the initial login screen to come up completely.

You can upload an empty Actions.xml file which has the effect of erasing the current Actions.xml file.

What EZsrve image level are you running?

EDIT: There is a forum category, Harmony GUI just below the EZSrve category. The Harmony GUI document is available as a link off the first topic as well as additional information in the next topic.

Anonymous

I am using 2.06 from last November I believe. I will look at the Harmony client and will probably have further questions tomorrow. How do I upload an empty Actions.xml file? With Harmony will I have to re-input my actions and devices?

Anonymous

Use the Java Discovery Tool and load up the latest EZSrve image which is 02.06.12 It is labeled a Beta image but has some maintenance that could avoid some of the Action problems. The Harmony client will need the latest EZSrve image. You can stay with the HTML interface but you need to upload the latest EZSrve image to avoid seeing any number of problems that have already been fixed in the latest image.

The Harmony client is a new graphics oriented interface for managing the EZSrve. A much more graphics oriented interface than the old HTML interface. You do not have to rebuild the EZSrve xml files to run the Harmony client although it has better syntax checking in some areas than the HTML interface does. In other words the Harmony client may find problems with xml files that the HTML interface does not pick up.

You upload a new Actions file using the Server Configuration UPLOAD FILE button. After uploading the Action file, an upload successfully completed message will display, you will have to Restart (NOT RESET) EZSrve for the new Action file to take effect.

Anonymous

I can now use X10 commands to control my Insteon devices. I do not know why, but after removing several of my old actions the new X10 actions started to function. Thanks for your help,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.