HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Synch Devices Button

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I just upgraded to version 1.56 (from 1.51) and now I notice a “Sync Devices” button in the Server Configuration screen. I checked the new version of the user’s guide and did a quick search on the forum but I could not find an explanation of what this button actually does.

There is also a “Synchronize” button in the Device Management screen and I assume it is related.

Thanks
    Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

The SYNCH DEVICES button on the Server Configuration screen causes the link information contained in the xml files to be written to all the devices.

The SYNCHRONIZE button on Device Management screen writes link information for that individual device.

Note from Release Notes…

The synchronization function is unidirectional, that is, links in the XML file are written to the device. Other than when adding a device, there is no mechanism for reading or “refreshing” the links from the device into the XML file. Please keep this in mind when linking devices outside the EZSrve, and try to use the scenes management function instead.

Also, coming from 1.51, there is now an “upload successful” message displayed when an xml file is successfully uploaded to EZSrve.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, I should have found that myself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.