HOME Forums Gateways Raspberry Pi [SOLVED] Trouble shooting Wizards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Running on the raspberry Pi i am trying to have a fan turn on and off based on the temperature. The fan is not coming on and i do not see the wizard posting to the drop down history. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Lynn,

What devices are you using in that Wizard?

Can you send us a snapshot of the Wizards View to see how they are setup?

Also, can you please email the log files to me, I’ll take a look and let you know the problem/fix.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Need some help with finding the log files on my Raspberry Pi
    i am using an X10 outlet and the IP Thermostat.

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Lynn,

I see you found the log, thanks for the email. Regarding the Wizard you have setup, I’m sorry to inform you that it will not work. The reason is that the IP thermostat’s never REPORT the temperature back to the ZBPServer. This will work for the Zigbee Thermostat. For it to work with the IP thermostat the ZBPServer will have to POLL the thermostat for the status, which the ZBPServer doesn’t do.

So I think the App should not have let you setup the IP thermostat in the condition and hence I have removed it from now on. Next time you open your App, it will not allow you to setup such a condition.

Sorry about that. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for the feedback
    Just one bit that i am troubled with. The ZBPServer seems to POLL my thermostat to display the current temp and allow mode and fan settings to show.
    if this could be done on an interval in a wizard it seems to me this could work. But if not possible then i guess i will have to accept the limitation of ZBPServer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You are right, the current limitation is that we dont poll the status when in a wizard. We are working on this and wil enable it in future releases. Stay tuned for updates 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any update on polling an IP thermostat ?

thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, completely missed the email.
    Polling in Wizards for Conditions is not yet implemented, will let you know when a new version with the feature is released.

Anonymous
    Inactive

WebApp and Desktop not working the same

Desktop Gateway ver: 1.14.10 RaspberryPi Client ver: 6.0.16
    WebApp Gateway ver: 1.14.10 RaspberryPi App ver: 6.0.4

In trying to set a time window for an event with the Desktop app I was unable to find a way
    i was able to do it with the WebApp

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please update the Desktop App, link: http://app.smartenit.com/desktop/

Anonymous
    Inactive

if a wizard is an everyday event why is there a next on date.
    if this date is not today will it run.
    How do i keep this set right. it seems to get off from time to time.
    thanks

Anonymous
    Inactive

if a wizard is an everyday event why is there a next on date.

Next on date is a reference for when the condition will be checked. Allows you to set a future time for when the condition should be checked.

if this date is not today will it run. How do i keep this set right. it seems to get off from time to time.

Does it seem to get ahead or lag? A lag would be ok, but if it gets ahead then it shouldn’t/wouldn’t work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

That makes sense
    Thank you

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any update on polling an IP thermostat ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its on the list..low on priority which explains why it hasn’t been completed for so long. I’ll discuss the priority internally and see if we can bump it up. Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.