[SOLVED] Devices respond when manually addressed 2013-06-17T16:57:43+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways Harmony Gateway [SOLVED] Devices respond when manually addressed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    #40372 |

My network currently consists of around 12 X10 devices – mostly plug-in modules and Wall switches. When I use my RF remote, or when I go through the iSmartenit software and turn them on and off from there myself, they respond correctly, turning on and off as I push the buttons.

But once I program them into my Gateway with Wizards, they do not respond consistently. I did have 1 light turn off properly, but it didn’t turn on when scheduled.

Why can I send commands manually but not automated? Defeats the purpose 🙂 Any troubleshooting suggestions?

thx

Anonymous

Is the X10 RF receiver plugged into the same outlet as the Gateway?

Location of the sender in relation to the receiver can make a big difference. For example, is there a UPS or other electronic equipment powered from the same location as the Gateway.

Anonymous

Hi Chris,
    If you can control them manually from the App, then the Wizards should have no problems at all.

Do you have more than 1 X10 device to be triggered on a Single Wizard? If yes, can you add a 1 sec delay between each device. Let me know how that goes.

Regards,
    Dhawal

Anonymous

Hi Chris,

I was able to replicate the problem here with more than 1 X10 device to be triggered on a Single Effect. Adding a 1 sec delay always works. Let me know how it goes for you.

Regards,
    Dhawal
    @smartenit.com">dhawal.d@smartenit.com
    (949) 429-3303

Anonymous

I only have 1 device per Effect. When I get home I try playing with some delays.

My RF transceiver and the Gateway are in different locations – but I have moved RF device many times and have never seen a problem with it. I can try to put them in the same place just to verify though.

Anonymous

Ok, is it possible that more than 1 Wizard is being triggered at the same time. The thing to understand is that there has to be at least 1 sec difference between commands for two X10 devices. If you want you can call us we can guide you through the Wizard setup and figure out if there is a different problem.

Regards,
    Dhawal
    (949) 429-3303

Anonymous

Ok – finally found some time to get back to this….

All X10 devices on the network have unique IDs.
    All X10 devices can be turned on/off from either my Palm Pad remote (via the wireless transceiver), or the App (on my Android tablet or harmonygateway.com).
    None of the Wizards I have created work consistently.

I have 2 right now that read:
    When Fan is Off, every 2 minutes, every day
    Then Turn on Fan

With a 2nd Wizard doing exactly the opposite
    When Fan is On, every 2 minutes, every day
    Then Turn off Fan

They were started 1 minutes apart (on at Even minutes, off at Odd minutes)

I have an XTBM signal monitor device on the circuit with the Harmony, and no X10 messages are being sent. None. Only when I do it manually from the app or remote.

It seems the wizards are getting stored, at least somewhere – because when I switch apps from windows to android, the Wizards and devices are all there.

Anonymous

Thanks for the info about your Wizard, I have been able to duplicate this problem. It has to do with the Gateway and I’m fixing the bug in the firmware. In the meanwhile you can get it working by modifying your condition to read:

When Fan is Off, Anytime, everyday
    Then Turn on Fan

When Fan is On, Anytime, every day
    Then Turn off Fan

I’ll let you know when the new firmware is available for upgrade. Thanks.

Regards,
    Dhawal

Anonymous

The fan wizard was just to send commands every minute to see if it would work – This of course is not something I would leave running if it was working.

My other more standard wizards for several of my lights go something like

When Light is off, at 8pm, every day
    Turn Light on

When Light is on, at 10pm, every day
    Turn Light off

Those would only fire once a day – making it hard to troubleshoot 🙂

I’m just trying to figure out why it seems my unit is not sending out commands by Wizard, except in very rare instances…. I’ll be happy to try a new FW when it is ready.

Thx

Anonymous

I think there is a slight misunderstanding about how Conditions work in Wizards. For Example in one of your Wizard’s below:
    When Light is off, at 8pm, every day
    Turn Light on

The Gateway does not poll the Light device to check its status at 8pm. The way this works is If the Light device happens to Turn Off at 8pm then the Condition is met. To make the above Wizard work you simple have to remove the Light device from the Condition, so it would look like:
    At 8:00 PM, every day, next on DD Month Year
    Turn Off Light.

You would want to add a device in Conditions when you want to monitor the status of something. So its best to choose “Anytime” in Conditions with a Device. For example,
    When Temp/Humidity Sensor: Humidity is greater than 60%, Anytime, every day, next on DD Month Year
    Turn On Dehumidifier

I hope that helps clarify some misunderstandings about Wizards. We have a Wiki explaining Wizards: http://wiki.simplehomenet.com/index.php?title=ISmartenit_Wizards
    Feel free to call/email me if you find any issues. Thanks for your help and support.

Regards,
    Dhawal
    (949) 429-3303

Anonymous

ok – great. Thanks for the quick education. When I get back home I’ll try that and see what happens. Perhaps that will solve some of my issues 🙂

Anonymous

Yes! Issue resolved (at least at a first pass).

Seems I was not creating my wizards correctly. Now it seems to be working. I have a few I’ll let run at the proper times today, and then hopefully I can report success back tomorrow! 🙂

Thx

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.