AnonymousInactiveMay 31, 2009 at 3:46 pmPost count: 20
What causes the web interface to be so slow. Tried Old and new firmware.. Otherwise functionality seems to be working. Can provide wireshark network capture to demonstrate issue if needed. Screen repaints on brower take hours to complete.. True from several different computers..
This is killing me. Wnat to play with new firmware, but it is usleless to try when every screen pick take a day to complete..
Jeff 🙂AnonymousInactiveJune 1, 2009 at 1:18 amPost count: 1001
Be sure you are running 02.00.43 and have uploaded the DevClusters xml file that is part of the download package. I had a problem an image or so back where I got out of sync with the DevClusters file which put one of the EZsrve threads in a loop. Slowed the screen response significantly.AnonymousInactiveJune 1, 2009 at 2:00 amPost count: 20
Are your instructions (requirements) true for the xml file even if you updated with the jar file updater?AnonymousInactiveJune 1, 2009 at 3:43 amPost count: 1001
Don’t know. I test so many images that are not listed in the tool that I just do the process manually. You can PM lee.saferite the author of the tool and ask him.AnonymousInactiveJune 1, 2009 at 8:20 pmPost count: 1001
I wrote a Null DevClusters file. Then ran the Java Discovery tool Upgrade option. It did not load a new DevClusters file.AnonymousInactiveJune 8, 2009 at 11:50 pmPost count: 8
I’ve got the same problem unless I access through iPhone then it works much more quickly. I’m back ot running 1.60 ( I couldn’t get timers working right on 2.0). Tried the TFT reset but still slooooow (great description). Not sure when it started to slow down, but may have coresponded to last Internet Explorer update over a1 month ago.AnonymousInactiveJune 9, 2009 at 12:36 amPost count: 1001
A few questions…
Was 1.60 running okay before you upgraded to V2 and then went back?
What browser update did you install, which browser and what level?
What kind of Timer problems did you encounter on V2? There are screen captures of working Time based Conditions under Topic RE: 2.0 Operation. I’ll be happy to work with you to get the Time based Conditions working on V2 is you are interested.AnonymousInactiveJune 9, 2009 at 9:09 amPost count: 8
1.60 was running slooow before trying 2.0 which is part of the reason I tried upgrading on the Beta. I’m on Internet Explorer 8 (the latest and greatest fom Microsoft). I will try 2.0 again, but I’m swamped right now and don’t have the time to explore the redesign. 2.0 was also running slow, but It was eaier to configue on the iphone than 1.60.AnonymousInactiveJune 9, 2009 at 11:33 amPost count: 1001
Be sure you upload the DevClusters.xml file that comes with the latest V2 image package when you try V2 again. Running with a DevClusters file not in sync with the image.bin file appears to cause a loop that slows down screen response. You can try putting IE8 into “Compatibility View” mode to see if that makes any difference. There are some issues that IE8 has introduced which are corrected when running in Compatibility View mode.AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 1:35 amPost count: 35
This is problem I have (and have posted about) on 1.6….slow as molasses.
I don’t want to upgrade to 2.0x and have new api and broken home automation system w/o knowing that it will fix speed issues.
Even with a full reset and connected to my local laptop…dog slow. Repaints missing, etc.
I wanted to add 2 powerlincs to my existing setup today and ready to put pistol to head…ezsrve is so slow I can’t add devices successfully….will be calling in for triage finally. I can’t have UI being roadblock.AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 1:45 amPost count: 8
I’ve got 2 EZServes one running 1.6 and the other on 2. Both are glacially slooooow when using Internet Explorer (even in compatibility mode). Timers were still unreliable in 2 (tried last week with latest updates) so I’m running the 1.6 unit reliably. To add or make any changes except uploads I switched to using Safari instead of IE. It works as quick as IE used to 6 months ago.AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 2:14 pmPost count: 1001
EZSrve is not aware of which browser is in use. I’ve been using IE7 and now IE8 with 1.60 and all the 02.xx images without the slow response you are experiencing on IE8. Seems like it is related to the IE8 install in some way, particularly when it is affecting 1.60 and 02.xx. No suggestions on what to do with IE8 to improve the situation.
Can you expand on the Actions that are not reliable? How are they unreliable and does the problem exist when running Safari, or not connected to a browser at all? Wondering if EZSrve is being affected by the slow response of IE8 in the execution of Actions.AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 4:25 pmPost count: 1001
I think EZSrve uses Java Script. You might download the latest Java/Java Script.AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 7:28 pmPost count: 35
I see molasses performance on IE8 or FFox 3. Haven’t tried Safari but not sure what difference it would make. I will contact simplehomenet support on monday.AnonymousInactiveJuly 25, 2009 at 9:22 pmPost count: 1001
Sounds like a plan. As is often the case this topic is covering different problems all being lumped together as slow response. There was a problem with the file system prior to 02.03 which was causing a performance problem. This has been resolved in 02.03. Some have a problem with IE8 but not Safari, with both 1.60 and v2 images running slow on IE8. I think this will shake out as a problem with IE8/Java in the specific environments. I run 1.60 on one device and 02.03 on another device running first on IE7 and then IE8 when Microsoft released IE8, none have a performance problem after the file system was corrected. I also run FireFox 3.0.8 with no performance problems. That does not resolve your situation but does indicate the problem is not universal.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.