AnonymousInactiveFebruary 7, 2014 at 9:48 pmPost count: 5
I’ve been trying to track down some unexpected/inconsistent behavior on my Harmony Gateway, and I’m thinking resetting to factory defaults and getting a fresh start might be the best approach.
Would uploading null files to overwrite the files listed on the File Management page of the web interface accomplish this? (or – is there a better way?)AnonymousInactiveFebruary 7, 2014 at 9:54 pmPost count: 259
I can help you with that, but before we factory reset, can you tell me what devices you are using (Zigbee, Insteon, X10, Wifi)?AnonymousInactiveFebruary 8, 2014 at 9:29 amPost count: 5
Thanks, Dhawal. Right now, just Insteon.AnonymousInactiveFebruary 8, 2014 at 11:35 amPost count: 259
Ok, what kind of problems are you having?AnonymousInactiveFebruary 8, 2014 at 12:14 pmPost count: 5
Wow. Thanks for the quick response, especially since it’s the weekend.
The biggest problem is authentication errors when opening the apps (both Android and web app). Progress messages show connection made, but then show either password error or authentication error (can’t remember exact messages). I can always subsequently get into web interface on the gateway, and rebooting the gateway always clears the problem immediately, but generally the next time I try to get in I have the same problem. Never goes more than a day without having to reboot to get in.
Another problem is getting the wizards to work correctly. Often when I would log in, the state of some switches was not what I expected based on the schedule that I had set up. I had thought this was related not being able to log in (some type of partial lock-up), but yesterday I started checking every 45 minutes or so and saw a light had gone on at a totally unexpected time. I found that the sntp.bin file contains “Error Getting Time from SNTP: -12” (in hex), so I’m thinking maybe the internal clock is not being set correctly after reboots.
Also, the state of the output terminals on a Smarthome I/O Linc device seem to change from time to time, even though there is no wizard for this device and no other Insteon controllers in the house.
Since there are several apparently unrelated problems, I figured a simple explanation might be that some file corruption had occurred that hosed everything up, and it might be corrected by starting over with a clean slate. What are your thoughts?AnonymousInactiveFebruary 10, 2014 at 5:39 pmPost count: 259
Haha thanks, I normally try to respond as soon as I get the emails.
The problem regarding the Connections is related to the Gateway trying to reconnect to the Cloud, I have identified the problem and I’m working on a fix for that.
The problem with wizards you mention, is that with Sunset/Sunrise? We did receive some complaints about it and looks like I broke something in the algorithm, again I have identified the problem and I’m working on a fix for that.
If the I/O Linc is not part of a wizard, then the Gateway will not send any unexpected messages, you may have to check the configuration of the I/O Linc on that.
What I can suggest is waiting for a firmware upgrade after I fix the 2 problems mentioned above (and also a third problem related to deleting links), approx timeline for that is about 1 week if everything in testing goes through properly. Also, could you email me a snapshot of the Wizards, that will give me some additional information.
Let me know what you think.AnonymousInactiveFebruary 10, 2014 at 7:19 pmPost count: 5
Email sent! Thanks.AnonymousInactiveFebruary 10, 2014 at 7:52 pmPost count: 259AnonymousInactiveFebruary 10, 2014 at 10:04 pmPost count: 5
Just tried again (fingers crossed)…AnonymousInactiveFebruary 10, 2014 at 10:54 pmPost count: 259
I don’t know why, but both your emails were in my spam folder. Sorry about that, thanks for the email.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.