RemoteLinc / Thermostat attribute question 2010-09-25T21:16:57+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve RemoteLinc / Thermostat attribute question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40281 |

As I mentioned in my other thread, the EZServe seems to be more reliable at firing time-based actions, but I’m wanting to give it a couple weeks for a thorough test.

I just set up a few more conditional actions tied to a button on my RemoteLinc, and have in mind to order another one, so that I can have one RemoteLinc upstairs and one downstairs.

What I’d like to be able to do with my soon-to-be second RemoteLinc is to have it adjust the thermostat temperature up or down by one degree at a time using the on/off function of one of the buttons. However, I’m not sure if the thermostat controller can respond that way.

The thermostat attributes in the Actions settings have CoolSetPoint and HeatSetPoint which when fed a hex value (I’ve already figured out and written them out) it will set to a given temperature. But what does the ‘Temp’ option do? Does it allow you to set the temperature up or down from where it is currently set? If so, what are the hex values?

If not, then what does the Temp attribute do? How do you use it? What values does it respond to?

Anonymous

Hello,

Currently the EZSrve is only set up to control the thermostat remotely via the Areas menu in the HarmonyGUI. The support for Actions is not yet fully implemented.

Anonymous

Justin,

I have actions set up through the HTML interface on the EZServe that function normally. Well, that is after I mapped out the hex code for every temperature setting.

The Harmony interface is still almost entirely inadequate to manage anything. The only thing I use it for is remotely checking and adjusting temperatures through the All Devices screen. It’s absolutely impossible to configure an action which includes a thermostat through the Harmony interface.

It’s got a LONG way to go, and it’s selling the EZServe short… bigtime. This device could be the BEE’S KNEES when it comes to home automation… you guys just need some seriously talented developers to whip it into shape.

Anonymous

You know, I’ve actually considered learning how to write code, just so I can “if you want it done right, do it yourself.”

given the Harmony interface can log in and communicate with the EZServe remotely, there’s got to be language that can be interpreted…. so why not an API? Let the community come up with something.

Anonymous

Hi Fray,

The API is in our downloads section…

We really didn’t want to have to make software, but since no one would step up to the plate we created the HTML interface which is not as user friendly as it could be. Then because of complaints that it wasn’t intuitive enough we starting making the HarmonyGUI…which will be the “Bees Knees” when it’s done.

Because we do have the API available for developers…software is not our top priority, but we are working on it as time permits.

Anonymous

I hear ya, Jason. Probably not a lot of people out there into Home Automation, who happen to be developers.

However, I think that the software REPRESENTS the functionality of the device. Without good software to interface with the device, functionality suffers. If you can’t do something through the software interface, the device pretty much is then considered incapable. I know you have to add to the back end to support new devices and such, but without a front end that is intuitive and complete, I think the EZServ is relegated to a ‘tinkerer’s device’. The mainstream won’t be interested if they can’t easily employ and use it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.