Remembering EZBridge address 2007-09-12T12:27:31+00:00

HOME Forums Software SimpleHomeNet Utility Remembering EZBridge address

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #39784 |

Is there a way in the startup command to specify the IP address of the EZBridge or have the utility remember it? I’m having to enter it everytime I start up.
    Thanks,
    Ed 8)

Anonymous

Ed, the “Find EZBridge” button doesn’t work for you and fill in the the IP address after it is pressed or are you manually entering the IP address each time?

Dave

Anonymous

If I’m at home my computer will find it. When I’m away and remoting into my network the find EZBridge button doesn’t work. I need to put in my IP address or Dynamic Domain name every time. I was wondering if there was a startup shortcut I could make that specifies the domain name or IP address so I don’t need to enter it.

Anonymous

OK I see. SHNU uses UDP multicast to discover the EZBridge and if you are using say, an IPSec VPN to connect to your home LAN securely, then that UDP traffic wouldn’t be passed through the tunnel so the discover button wouldn’t work.

Anonymous

Correct on the discovery. As far as the utility – feature added to remember last ip address(es) to the to do list.

Anonymous

Paul,
    Thanks for adding this a while back.
    I am using the utility to connect to an EZIO and having to enter that INSTEON ID every time. Would it be hard to make that default to the last ID entered?
    Thanks,
    ed

Anonymous

I am currently playing with the code and adding some features just as an interested 3rd party – while I am at it, I will add this feature before submitting the code back to Paul or to SourceForge

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.