Problems with v1.42 2008-03-26T02:24:35+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Problems with v1.42

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Anonymous
    Post count: 5
    #39912 |

    I’m new to using my ezserve and I’m having the following problems. I upgraded from 1.30 (iirc) to 1.42 first thing, so I have no idea if these also occurred with 1.30.

    1. Trying to save any configuration xml files gives:

    XML Parsing Error: syntax error
    Location: http://ezserve/FS/FLASH0/data/devices3.xml
    Line Number 1, Column 1:

    v1
    ^

    2. I wanted to save the macros.xml file to see if my macros were stored correctly, because if I check all the day boxes (sun-sat), save the macro and then return to it, only sun in checked. In fact, no matter what combination of day boxes is checked, on return, only sunday is checked.

    I do have devices and an area setup and working and even have a couple of timers that are working. I can set the days correctly on the timers, so it’s not a browser interaction problem.

    Anyone else have these problems?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Anonymous
    Post count: 408

    For number 1, right click and select save link as and save the file to your desktop.

    For the macro, please save the file macro file and email it to me. The inability to select all the days is not a reported bug – I will take a look into it.

    email is

    paul at simplehomenet

    Anonymous
    Post count: 5

    Paul,

    Thanks for the quick response.

    Here is my macros.xml file, I just resaved the open garage door macro with all the days checked, and the AD field appears to show only sunday checked in this file, as it does when I reload the macro, thus it appears to be a problem saving the macro.

    v1

    Macros
    0open#garage#doorG01Status=ON13W+22:00+01:0110000000D.3B.85ONC111C2FF00:00:00
    1closed#garage#doorG01Status=OFF14W+22:00+01:0010000000D.3B.85OFFC113C20000:00:00
    2check#gdoorG01Status=ON13W+22:00+01:0010000000D.3B.85ONC111C2FF00:00:00

    BTW: If you add the following to your http header on the xml files:

    Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=”devices.xml”nn

    it will automatically tell the browser to open the save as dialog and avoid the error that the browser gives when it tries to parse your xml.

    And a minor complaint, 1.42 currently shows my sunrise as 7:6, some leading zeros would be nice.

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Anonymous
    Post count: 5

    Paul,

    I just edited the macros.xml file I downloaded (previous post) to set the AD field to all 1’s for all my macros:

    1111111

    I uploaded it, restarted and now my macros all have all the days checked.

    Tom

    Anonymous
    Post count: 408

    We found the bug in the UI and it will be fixed in the next release.

    Sorry you had to do the work around.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.