Problems with 1.51 2008-06-12T01:33:37+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Problems with 1.51

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #39972 |

I did a Reset under 1.50 Tuesday evening. Loaded 1.51 Image Wednesday evening. After 25 minutes progress bar was not moving. Ended IE session and accessed EZSrve again. Login okay. New EZSrve banner and 01.51 displayed. Added two Insteon devices, an ICON On/Off Switch and LampLinc V2, creating link during each device addition. Created an Area and assigned the two Insteon devices to the area. Can turn the two devices on and off under Device View/Control screen. Defined 4 Timers based on Sunset+, two timers turn on the two Insteon devices followed one minute later by the last two timers turning the two Insteon devices off. Timers did not fire. Changed from Eastern to Central and back to Eastern time zone. Adjusted timer sunset+ values to later time and all timers fired at new sunset+ offset. Successfully created link from ICON On/Off Switch (as controller) to EZSrve (as responder). Tried Macros, SLOW screen display (over 60 seconds). Created a Macro with a SLOW screen refresh. New macro did not show in list.

Under IE tools, I had deleted Temp Internet files, Cookies and History. Went to another machine on my network and deleted all, Temp Files, Cookies, History, Form Data and Passwords. See slow Macro screen response with that machine and attempt to add Macro from that machine also has slow screen refresh after macro Save, and new macro was not in list after Macro screen refresh.

Summary

1 1.51 Image load process did not appear to end even though it looks like 1.51 was loaded
    2 Sunset+ timers did not initially work, did work after change of time zone
    3 Macro screen display slow
    4 Cannot add macro

Update: uploaded 1.51 again (from same image on C drive), again progress bar stopped about 1/3 way across space. Waited 30 minutes, ended IE session, restarted IE, logged into EZSrve and now have good Macros screen response and have been able to add a Macro and see it appear in Macro list.

Update2: attempting to get ICON switch ON to trigger macro. Was not successful (probably my error). Went to SHN Utility and tried to display timers and macros. Timers displayed okay but macro would not display. Went back to EZSrve and had SLOW macro screen display. Not sure if going to SHN Utility had anything to do with it or may be the attempt to get an Insteon ON to trigger the macro. Did a restart on EZSrve from IE and when I reconnected, macro screen display was now normal (no longer slow). Tried the ICON ON switch again, macro did not trigger but the macro screen continues to display at normal speed. Will continue to analyze to see if I can determine what precedes the slow macro screen display.

Anonymous

Can you email support@simplehomenet.com or call us directly? This is a novel behavior for 1.51 – so far this has fixed the problem you reported.

You can also email or PM me directly if you prefer.

-Paul

Anonymous

To conclude this thread, 1.52 resolves the macro display/add symptoms. Thanks for the fast turnaround.

Anonymous

I just loaded 1.52 and now none of my timers show up. Not sure if they still work.

I also cannot add a timer. No devices show up in the pulldown.

Anonymous

What firmware level were you on when you went to 1.52. I was told to clear my browser cache when I went to 1.51. Image 1.52 is 1.51 with a fix for the macro screen display problem. I also think I did a Reset before I went to 1.51. My configuration was for testing only so I did not lose much when I did that. Go to Server Administration and List Files to see what is in the device and timer xml files.

Anonymous

If you could email me your xml files it would be helpful to figure out what happened.

@FrayAdjacent wrote:

I just loaded 1.52 and now none of my timers show up. Not sure if they still work.

I also cannot add a timer. No devices show up in the pulldown.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.