HOME Forums Irrigation EZFlora Problem with EZRain

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I really like the EZRain controller, but I’m having a problem with it.. I first noticed the problem when I was configuring the EZRain with the HA program mControl. I enter the minutes for each zone and save them. Then when I leave that part of the program and return, the minutes have changed from what I saved. It seems to not reload the minutes for each zone correctly. So, to troubleshoot the problem, I downloaded the program (EZRain Setup and Configuration Utility) from the SimpleHomeNet website here, and try to see if the strange behavior would occur with their program, too. Sure enough, it does. Please look into this, because it very tiring having to enter all the minutes over and over again, instead of being able to just tweak one zone time.

Anonymous
    Inactive

We can not duplicate your problem and it’s possible the problem you are seeing is caused by a communications error between the Smarthome PLC and SDM combination and the EZRain. Is mControl the only software you are using? When using our utility, are you ensuring all other programs that use the SDM/PLC are not active?

We will continue to investigate. Please rest assured that we fully stand behind our products – should anything need correction or replacement during the warranty period we’ll do so at our expense.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for your fast response. Is there a way for me to update the firmware in my PLC, and/or upgrade my SDM? How do I check the versions? I probably have the latest SDM, since I just downloaded it, but I’m not sure on the other.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I uninstalled everything, and set everything up from scratch, and upgraded to mControl 1.7. Everything seems to work fine now. *shrug*

..Off the subject.. I just want to say.. I think you guys make some really nice products, and I’m planning to buy some more stuff. There’s definitely an EZIO8SA in my immediate future, and I’m drooling over the pool and spa controller, too. I also sent an e-mail over to the sales department at Home Seer and told them that if they want to sell any product to me, they’d have to support the EZRain, and other SimpleHomeNet products.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, I’m still having the problem… But it’s not bugging me too bad. It seems to occur when loading the numbers, and not when saving, so at least the thing runs my programmed settings properly. I’ll just watch it and see if the problem goes away after I upgrade something. If anyone from support would like to log into my PC through remote desktop and take a look, just shoot me an e-mail and I’ll set up a username / password.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the compliments on our products and your support!

The main issue we have is getting solid communications between our utilities (written in VB and using the MS .NET 2.0 framework) and the SDM/PLC. We are trying to get these issues resolved with a major re-write and expanding the InHomeFre package that Ken Miller so graciously made available to support our devices.

We’ll keep you posted.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.