odd "find location" + "save" bug: 1.60 2009-06-03T03:29:39+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve odd "find location" + "save" bug: 1.60

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #40166 |

Hi:

I’ve been away from the forum for a while (the EZserve has been rock-solid!). Started getting some flakeyness last week, so I figured that a firmware update couldn’t hurt.

Installed 1.60 over 1.50, after doing the save+convert XML files, and things are looking mostly OK, except: Today all the “sunset” lights came on much too early.

The EZserve seems to think that my sunset time is 19:11 rather than the aprox 20:28 that I see on sunrisesunset.com.

After much gnashing of teeth, I find that the ‘bug’ is in the ‘find location’ code!
    Put in my zip code: 94066
    “find location”>> lat: 37.6210696 long: -122.4297369
    Hit “save”: Lat clears and you get __wrong__ times for sunrise and sunset.
    Play a bit more – delete then try to retype the last digit in the _longitude_ value (in my case the ‘9’), and you can’t but when you hit “save” this time, both lat and long are saved and the times are correct!

Something rotten in the handling of the longitude value when the “find location” code puts in too many characters….

edc

Anonymous

After uploading a new image it is sometimes necessary to click on SET TIMEZONE to get the correct Sunrise/Sunset values. Seems to be necessary only once after a new image.

Anonymous

grif:

That’s not what’s happening here. You can go back and forth between “good” and “bad” sunrise/sunset times as many times as you like – it is very easily repeatable, at least with my zip code (94066). “find location”+”save” -> bad times, “find location”+edit longitude+”save”-> good times.

edc

Anonymous

Sorry, I did not pay enough attention. The SET TIMEZONE is the standard fix for wrong Sunrise/Sunset problems that it did not register you were setting a specific Zip Code and Lat/Long values. Do you have correct Sunrise/Sunset values now with the edit? With V2 in the Release Candidate stage, I don’t think we will see any later V1 images. We will have to test your case on V2 and see if it can be reproduced there. Sorry for not recognizing your real problem.

Anonymous

grif:

No problem! Deleting the last character in the longitude before hitting the “save” button fixes the problem, so I was just letting you know so that you could fix it in later releases. (Same code in that section of v2???) Also in case anyone else runs into it is it now in the forum….

edc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.