new to VB – can’t build v1.6 2008-01-20T01:38:05+00:00

HOME Forums Software SimpleHomeNet Utility new to VB – can’t build v1.6

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #39843 |

All:

New to using VB (20+ years in C-land..) and I can’t build v1.6 of SHN. I’m getting:
    SDM3Server.SDM3 not defined
    component SDM3Server could not be found
    Cannot load type library for reference SDM3Server

Reading the help, it looks like something called tlbimp is used to import type libraries… but it isn’t happy working on the Interop.SDM3Server.dll that I found in objdebug and copied to objrelease. (Hell, I can’t even find where to flip VB to do a debug build!…. )

Any halp for an old newbie?

thanks
    edc

Anonymous

It sounds like you haven’t registered the SDM component.

First, download the SDM from the link provided on the front page of the utility or from our downloads section.

Then, you need to locate the installed SDM3.exe file and register it (SDM3.exe /regserver).

After that, the build should work.

Anonymous

Paul – thanks… that lets me build, although the latest version I downloaded directly from SmartHome actually has SDM2server.exe… (fortunately I saved the “older” code too..so I could register the server)

Since I’m talking to the EZbridge I don’t actually need the SDMX to be running….

edc

Anonymous

That is true for running it but not for recompiling the executable. VB needs to be able to access the SDM3 library so it can put the appropriate references in the executable, even if you won’t be using them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.