New EZserve w/v1.56 doesn’t retrieve Location configuration 2008-10-16T02:35:00+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve New EZserve w/v1.56 doesn’t retrieve Location configuration

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    #40066 |

Is there an issue w/V1.56 in retrieving location configuration data for Sunrise/Sunset? This is my second unit and the first worked fine w/v1.54, but this new unit for a different location is not getting the data correctly. I have saved the various *.xml files, run a reset on the unit and reloaded the *.xmls and it still doesn’t return the correct data. Time, DST and date are all set correctly. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Under Server Configuration, click on SET TIMEZONE. Then go to Location Configuration and check Sunrise/Sunset. Usually only necessary to do this once after Reset and new image.

Anonymous

I tried that and it still doesn’t return Lat and Longitude. Clicking on the Find location button; there appears to be a weird url it’s calling to down-load the data.

Anonymous

I don’t think I have ever used that button. My Lat and Long values are filled in with SET TIMEZONE (at least I assume that is where they come from as I don’t remember ever using Find. What Time Zone are you using? I’ll try it here and see if I also lose the Lat and Long values. You mentioned a URL it is going to. Is it possible internet security settings are blocking access?

I tried Find, it goes to a site that I am sure was not the intent of SHN. Something wrong with the URL Find is using.

Anonymous

EST w/Day light savings. The security settings are a good idea. I’ll disable any filering tonight and see if that works

Anonymous

I used the IP address that Norton traced for the Find button press and it has nothing to do with acquiring Lat/Long values. Something amiss with that URL.

Anonymous

Exactly. I can’t see how a geocode look up can come from that url.

Anonymous

Still can’t get the unit to download Lat and Longitude for sunset and sunrise. SHN can you help?

Anonymous

I sent an email to Support referencing your Topic and noting what I found when I Googled the URL. I’ll post back anything I hear. You can always look up the Lat/Long of your location and enter it manually. Not very elegant but it should get you Sunrise/Sunset values. When I manually change and Save my values the Sunrise/Sunset values change.

EDIT:
    I used http://www.earthtools.org to find my Lat/Long values. I had changed them a few times to see how the Sunrise/Sunset values moved and forgot to note my original values.

Latitued: 36.5394 Longitude: -78.0057 for Northern North Carolina for example

Anonymous

Thanks. I ended up using a similar site and manually added them and they saved. Appreciate the help.

Anonymous

Answer from SHN, the site currently being used to retrieve the Lat/Long values is no longer available. They are looking for a replacement.

Until then anyone needing Lat/Long values if Sunrise and Sunset values are not correct should refer to my previous post which contains a site that will return Lat/Long values which can be manually entered on the Location Configuration screen and Saved.

Anonymous

grif, what sunrise/sunset values are you currently getting for your location? I put in coords for Danbury, CT and I’m getting a sunset after 22:00 so I tried the coords you gave for NC and got similar times which are way off.

Anonymous

Be sure you click on the SET TIMEZONE button on the Server Configuration. Even though the Date and Time values are displayed correctly, they are not always in affect after a Reset and/or load of a new image. This is normally needed only once after a Reset and load of a new image.

The Lat/Long values in my earlier post are the values I am using. Be sure to do a Save after manually entering the Lat/Long values. Sunrise is 07:24, Sunset is 18:28. Be sure there is a “-” (minus sign) at the beginning of the Longitude value. My Sunrise would be 21:00 without the minus sign. Of course Sunrise/Sunset change a little every day but I just looked at them when writing this post. It is common for me to have to use the SET TIMEZONE button when I load a new image or do a Reset. Not always necessary but I have gotten in the habit of using it after each new image load or Reset.

Anonymous

Yup, that was it – the correct time was displayed before, but pressing set timezone fix it anyway. I guess I’m still learning the quirks of this device.

Anonymous

The fix to eliminate the need for the SET TIMEZONE button click has been elusive. SHN has tried various changes, which greatly reduced the need to use that button, but there are times when it is needed once after Reset and/or reload of a new image.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.