Motion Detectors 2010-03-29T15:56:56+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Motion Detectors

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    #40255 |

I have a motion sensor 2420m. What is the best way to connect this to the EZServe? Under other topic (support for motion sensors in 2.0) KeypadLinc-Relay and RemoteLinc were suggested. Is there now a better option? Are there any plans for connectivity as seen in Houselinc 2 (with the ability to change the sensor settings)?

Thanks,

Murray

Anonymous

The previous suggestions regarding defining the Motion Sensor as a KeypadLinc or RemoteLinc still apply.

SHN will have to comment on plans for the Harmony client regarding Motion Sensor support in the future.

Anonymous

Hello Murray,

We are definitely working on compatibility with the INSTEON motion sensor (2420M) and it will be available shortly.

Thank you!

Anonymous

Can someone post how to exactly link the motion sensor to EZServe.

1. I’ve enter ID for motion sensor as device in EZServe (2.06) which works fine (entered as keypadlink relay). But I understand the PLM needs to see the link hence step 2.
    2. I’ve tried the set button on motion sensor (5 secs) then set button on EZServe for 5 secs but EZServe light never goes out.

Thanks

Peter

Anonymous

Press the Motion Sensor Set button for 5 seconds. The Motion Sesor LED will be blinking brightly for the next 4 minutes. Press the Set button on the EZSrve until the LED stops flashing on the Motion Sensor. This took less than 5 seconds on a test I ran before doing this post. If the Motion Sensor LED does not go out then plug one of the Access Points into the same circuit as the EZSrve (for test purposes only) and repeat the link test. It sounds like the Motion Sensor and Access Point are not close enough to each other or the EZSrve and Access Point are not close enough to each other.

EDIT; I would suggest updating EZSrve through the Java Discovery tool to 02.06.12. It is labeled a Beta but has been around for several months and has some fixes for problems in 02.06.

Anonymous

Many thanks – got round to trying this and it works. Fantastic extra feature – all sort of conditional actions based on the motion e.g. night light mode for those trips to let the pets out in the middle of the night

Anonymous

Just for the encouragement of others. Using V2 of the motion sensors – which have a real “occupancy” feature ie the motion sensor sends status if no motion has been detected for x where x can be 30 secs to 2 hours – I’ve set up a series of action that shut down items in the house like hot water circ pump, garden fountain etc when no one is home. Circ pump saves 80 W so at least 1kWh per day which is CA is worth $0.30 a day by the end of the month (tiered pricing based on usage).

Cheers

madscot

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.