Macro question 2008-05-16T01:18:13+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Macro question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    #39954 |

I mentioned some confusion in my review thread, but I wanted to get an answer on the macro settings.

Here’s the situation, and what I want to happen:

I get home late. I already set a schedule to turn on my front outside lights (controlled by a ToggleLinc Relay inside the front door) When I get home, I want to open the front door and press the switch UP (ON) and have it turn on my kitchen lights (I’d like it to trigger a scene, but a scene isn’t an option yet). I don’t need it to do this all the time, just for a window of a couple hours on weeknights.

What setting in the ‘At’ pulldown do I need to select, and given a time window of say 2 hours starting at 10PM, what time values do I need to enter?

Anonymous

What setting in the ‘At’ pulldown do I need to select, and given a time window of say 2 hours starting at 10PM, what time values do I need to enter?

You would select Time-Window+, set hh to 22 and mm to 00 (10 PM). Set the window to hh to 2, and mm to 0, for two hour window. This says, activate the macro at a time window starting at 10:00PM, + 2 hours.

Also, when creating the macro, make sure to create a link (you can use scene management for this, or the utility, or push buttons) where the switch is the controller and the EZSrve is the responder. We are going to automate this process in the next release, 1.51. This extra link will ENSURE that the traffic is seen by the EZSrve, and there won’t be missed events.

Let us know if you have further questions in this thread (or call or email at support@simplehomenet.com)

Anonymous

That’s what I thought it should be set to…. but it didn’t work.

If I link the two, wouldn’t that just make the macro useless anyway?

Also, I’m assuming since the ‘Time-Window+’ means ‘starting at this time, for this amount of time’ the converse setting ‘Time-Window-‘ means ‘outside of this window’.

That’s really all I needed to know, which meant ‘in this time frame’ and which meant ‘outside this time frame’.

Anonymous

Take a look at this thread

http://www.simplehomenet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=403

And the second to last posting –

This is a known bug with the PLM, and we are going to have it resolved in the 1.51 release. Until then, the solution is to force the responder link.

If you are still having problems, give us a call or email directly at support@simplehomenet.com.

-Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.