- vaughanpMemberMarch 24, 2008 at 5:10 amPost count: 84
Here’s the set up.
X10 motion detector transmits to EZX10RF.
EZX10RF transmits ON command to two insteon devices
– This works great
What I’d like to do is have a macro on EZServe that turna on another insteon device when one of the two insteon devices controller by EZX10RF turns on.
When I set a macro for either of the two controlled devices in the EZServe nothing happens. But if I turn on the device via the EZServe then the macro works.
1. Do macros only work with internal events ie EZServe doesn’t listen for other traffic?
2. Is the issue that the two controlled devices (controlled via EZX10RF) are in a group so the EZServe doesn’t see an ON command?
3. Help – any way to get this to work?
PeterpaulnMemberMarch 25, 2008 at 2:55 amPost count: 408
The Smarthome PLM has a mode called monitoring mode. While this mode was originally designed to monitor ALL Insteon traffic with which the PLM has a link too, it does not actually monitor the traffic very well that it does not initiate.
SO, this means that macros will only trigger if the event originated from the EZSrve. We are working with Smarthome to resolve the issue with the PLM, currently all monitoring systems using the PLM experience this problem.
In the meantime, will the following workaround work for you?
The ability to set the EZSrve to actively poll the status of a device every 30 seconds to minute or so, and then act. This would mean that the motion sensor triggers, and it may be 30 secs to 1 minute before the event occurs. We have been thinking of implementing this as a workaround until we have a resolution with Smarthome – depending on the need.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.