Looking for "web 2.0 XML services" information 2013-05-17T18:00:45+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways Harmony Gateway Looking for "web 2.0 XML services" information

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #40365 |

The Harmony Model #5010M descriptive literature states “Built-in servers (including HTTP and web 2.0 XML services) are provided”.

Where do I find documentation of the XML commands supported by the Harmony Gateway?

Anonymous

If you are a developer and want to work on creating your own client look at:
    http://wiki.simplehomenet.com/api/

If you want to Control and Monitor your devices use:
    http://harmonygateway.com/

Anonymous

I wanted to experiment with the XML interface to the harmony gateway. I tried sending a simple Sys_Ping command using cURL and I get a “Protected Object” / “This object on the embedded Digi ARM device is protected” response. What kind of authentication or setup do I need to do to use the XML interface? An example cURL command line would be great, but any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Anonymous

Hi Drew,

You need to establish a TCP socket on port 50333 (default but changeable). Then Authenticate the client (yourself) by sending Sys_Authenticate command (Make sure you send the hash of the password).
    That’s it, then you can send Sys_Ping or other commands.

Anonymous

Thanks Dhawal,
    Just to be clear:
    1) is the hash SHA-1 or MD5? And I assume it is just a string of hex digits in the xml – correct (not preceded by “0x”)?
    2) is this hashed password the password used on the “Connections” page on harmonygateway.com (ie the client-connection password, not the “root” password of the device)?
    3) if I am just accessing on the local network I just use the local ip address (ie 192.168.1.4:50333). I don’t need to add anything to the path (like “192.168.1.4/api” etc)?

Again, thanks for the assistance. This will save me some trial & error.

Drew

Anonymous

Hi Drew,

1) is the hash SHA-1 or MD5? And I assume it is just a string of hex digits in the xml – correct (not preceded by “0x”)?
    Ans. Its SHA-1.

2) is this hashed password the password used on the “Connections” page on harmonygateway.com (ie the client-connection password, not the “root” password of the device)?
    Ans. Yes. The password entered by the user gets hashed by the App.

3) if I am just accessing on the local network I just use the local ip address (ie 192.168.1.4:50333). I don’t need to add anything to the path (like “192.168.1.4/api” etc)?
    Ans. No path needed. Just the Ip and the Port.

Just curious, are you developing your own client?

Regards,
    Dhawal

Anonymous

Hi Dhawal,

Thanks for the additional information. I am a software developer by profession, but this is just for personal use – just playing around at this point.

Thanks,
    Drew

Anonymous

Can you use a SHA-1 converter? Also what does the xml look like if you have an example.

Anonymous

Are there any examples on how to get started?

Anonymous

Authenticate packet for password “Smartenit” looks like:

ZBP_System
    Sys_Authenticate

09cbef6f2f30e9bf9a202c53142295478786d5f3

………………………………………..

Rsp:: Sys_Authenticate
    ………………………………………..

ZBP_System
    Sys_Authenticate

42b5d250-fc11-4fce-b159-83322c8b3a0f

Documentation for the API can be found here:http://wiki.simplehomenet.com/api/classSystemMgmt.html#a9639d88a03215f4a54e63f6825ff55b6

Anonymous

for sha 1 converter you can refer this:
    http://www.timestampgenerator.com/tools/sha1-generator/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.