KeypadLinc 8 button Memory Full 2008-08-09T17:45:12+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve KeypadLinc 8 button Memory Full

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40033 |

Edit 8/10/2008: This is an EZServe issue. Read on….

I don’t think this is an EZServe issue but I will ask here.

I get a memory full error on the EZServe about the KeypadLinc when adding my fourth scene. I notice that there are 16 links already established in the KeypadLinc. Could that be the limit? I thought the KeypadLinc could handle many more links than 16. What is the limit? What could the memory error be?

I am using the 8/7/08 EZServe image. It shows as version 1.54 but I guess its version 1.55.

I have an 8 button KeyPadLinc and three v2 lamp modules and a RemoteLinc. I am building scenes with EZServe that turn on a lamp module and light the button light on the KeyPadLinc when the scene is activated from the EZServe, RemoteLinc or KeypadLinc.

Thanks

Anonymous

The Keypadlinc spec says 417 links. Are all of the 16 links already active in the Keypadlinc valid? That is, are some of them duplicates, or links you do not want? You can delete any duplicate or unwanted links so that EZSrve has an accurate record of links that should be there, then factory reset the Keypadlinc, and do an EZSrve Device Synchronize to have EZSrve restore the links it has a record of. That should leave you with a clean link database in the Keypadlinc, containing only the active links desired.

If you have the ability to run the SHN Utility, have it Display the links in the Keypadlinc to get a “second opinion” as to the content of the Keypadlinc link database.

Anonymous

grif,

SHN utility shows the same links as the EZSrve does. I am able to add a link with SHN with the utility. I started the process by factory resetting the KPL and the EZSrve so there aren’t any extra links.

After adding a link with SHN utility, I sync’d the KPL with EZSrve and it deleted the link that I had added with the utility.

I tried again to build a scene with the EZSrve and got the same message. “Device 0D.C5.DB Memory Full! Cannot add any more Links.” It acts like the EZSrve limits the number of links per device to 16. Very strange.

Anonymous

The Synchronize button under Device Management writes links to the selected device based on the information contained in the EZSrve XML database at the time. Links added to the Keypadlinc by the Utility after adding the Keypadlinc to EZSrve are not known to EZSrve and will be lost. This is written up in the Known Issues: section of the Release Notes for 1.54/1.55.

Don’t know why that results in the Memory Full message. The 0D.C5.DB address is that of the Keypadlinc? So I am following correctly, the first time you see the Memory Full message is when you Sync the Keypadlinc using EZSrve Device Management after you added the 17th link to the Keypadlinc with the Utility? Or you see that Memory Full message when attempting to add a new Scene using EZSrve, with the Keypadlinc as the controller, after doing the Sync and losing the Utility written link record.

Once I think I know the configuration and sequence I will do the same thing here. Not clear to me how you got to the 16 links in the Keypadlinc.

EDIT: I just received the same Memory Full message adding Scenes to a Keypadlinc. I’m not at the 16 link point, at least I don’t think so unless I got there with duplicate entries due to power line issues causing me to redo a Scene. I’m in the process of collecting all the data I can related to my configuration.

EDIT2: Message “Memory Full” issued after successfully writing 16 link records across 7 Scenes. The 7th Scene links were only partially written because some count reached 16. I was not counting the EZSrve link records which are added automatically to each Scene. I will analyze the Insteon message traffic but I don’t think this has anything to do with the Keypadlinc itself. I think you have discovered some limit within EZSrve.

Anonymous

Grif,

Thanks for confirming this. My feeling too is that it may be some limit in the EZSrve because I was able to add more links to the KeypadLinc with the SHN utility.

Anonymous

This is not a Keypadlinc limit. I have 10+ Keypadlincs and I’m sure several of those have more than 16 links collectively across the 8 buttons.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.