IRLinc and EZServe 2009-10-19T13:51:13+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve IRLinc and EZServe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40217 |

I’m trying to get the EZServe to activate a scene after receiving a signal from the IRLinc. No luck so far. Anyone able to get this to devices working together?

Anonymous

What kind of Insteon message or X10 message is the IRLinc sending to the EZsrve? The IRLinc would be the Controller and EZSrve the responder, with an Action Condition defined to trigger from that message. What Action Condition did you define.

Anonymous

I would like the EZServe to respond to an Insteon message from the IRLinc. Do I just add the EZserve to a scene that I create using the IRLinc as the controller? Would I do that by pressing the setup button on the EZServe while the IRLinc is in linking mode?

Anonymous

Using the Set button would establish an Insteon link between the IRLinc as a controller and the EZSrve PLM as a responder. The EZSrve would not be aware of or reflect the existence of that Scene. It would be better to define the IRLinc to EZSrve and then use the EZSrve Scene management to create the link (scene). The IRLinc device has to be defined to the EZSrve for it to appear in the list of devices that can trigger an Action.

Anonymous

I had added the IRLinc as an OTHER device in the EZServe html interface (there was no selection for IRLInc in the drop down list), but when I select it as device in conditions for an action it doesn’t have any attributes.

Anonymous

Does not look like EZSrve supports the IRLinc in either the HTML or Harmony client. You may be able to accomplish what you want by changing the device type to KeypadLinc which would allow the use of the “Status” Attribute and “xxyy” (1101 for Group 1 On, 1102 for Group 2 On, etc) as Values for the Condition trigger device. We did this in the past for the RemoteLinc so that Actions could be triggered from the various Group On and Group Off commands that come from a RemoteLinc. This approach requires that you know what Group number and Command is going to be issued by the IRLinc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.