Installation and Start Up 2008-10-31T16:20:07+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Installation and Start Up

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • juddr
    #40079 |

I completed my first EZServe installation this week. EZServe is a great product that works well with X10 and Insteon devices.

However, the current release has a couple of idiosyncrasies that had me ‘scratching my head’:

– coincident timers that drive both X10 and Insteon devices can caused EZServ to ‘lock-up’, and

– although the date and time zone information appeared to be set correctly the displayed sunrise/sunset times were incorrect for my location.

The solution to the first problem was simple – eliminate any coincident timers. To resolve the second problem, all I had to do was click the set-time zone button after setting the location.

These two issues caused me to loose a lot of time.

These are the sort of issues that should are addressed in Release Notes. Unfortunately, the documentation provided with the product does not refer to release notes. Changing the title of the ‘Firmware Updates’ section to ‘Firmware Updates and Release Notes’, and adding a statement or two about the importance of checking the release notes and the Simplehomenet forum would be welcome additions.

That said, EZServe is great and I look forward to future enhancements.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the positive comments and the improvement suggestions. We have modified the section title in the downloads page per your suggestion. We also hope to release a java applet that will ease the upgrade and discovery process and minimize the learning curve.

Again, thanks!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.