AnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 5:34 pmPost count: 26
I just purchased an Icon in wall dimmer to replace one that had failed. When I go to my EZSrve to install the new dimmer it identifies it as device type OTHER and won’t let me set on-levels, etc. I was running EZSrve f/w 1.56 so I upgraded to 2.0x and that f/w does the same thing.
Any ideas on how to get this dimmer installed properly?
–DonAnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 5:58 pmPost count: 1001
Specify the device type when you add the ICON switch to EZSrve. It sounds like the ICON has a firmware level EZSrve is not recognizing on its own.AnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 6:01 pmPost count: 26
The EZSrve won’t let me override the OTHER device type.AnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 6:44 pmPost count: 1001
The device type cannot be overridden. Delete the device and specify the device type when the device is added to EZSrve.AnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 7:08 pmPost count: 26
Tried that. Once it finishes the installation it sets the type to OTHER no matter what I set the type to be.AnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 9:05 pmPost count: 1001
Sorry, I did not realize you started out by specifying the device type when the Icon Dimmer was initially added. I added an Insteon address that did not exist (in case of comm problems) and added a new Icon Dimmer, neither of which changed the device type to OTHER. I need to step back and get some basics.
What EZServe firmware are you running? 2.6.16 is the latest.
Are you using the HTML interface or the Harmony Client (Adobe Flash)?
Are there any error messages, error popups, etc that display during the device add process?AnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 9:42 pmPost count: 26
1) I stepped back to the v1.56 EZSrve f/w. I didn’t like the way the timers are done on 2.6. However when I upgraded I don’t believe the tool upgraded me to 2.6 but I might be mistaken on that.
2) I am using the HTML interface
3) No other warnings, popups, etc. when I’m performing this operation
–DonAnonymousInactiveJanuary 5, 2011 at 9:59 pmPost count: 1001
I assume it did not get updated to 2.6.16 as it works there. I ran the ICON Dimmer add test on 1.60 (latest V1 image) and get the same results you have. The device is added with a type of OTHER. Only suggestion I can offer is to go the latest V2 image. Since it fails on 1.60 and that is the last V1 image going to V2 is the only path. If you do go to V2, install the latest Java Discovery tool first and use it to install the latest V2 image.AnonymousInactiveJanuary 6, 2011 at 5:35 pmPost count: 26
OK so I guess I need to upgrade. When I upgraded and then downgraded again over the weekend I was not able to save and reload the timers, macros and devices. This was true going from 1.56 to 2.x but was also true when I downgraded back to 1.56. Here is what I did:
1) Saved the xml files from 1.56 from inside the HTML interface on the EZSrve
3) Tried to reload the xml files using IE which was unbelievably slow and after hours of trying still did not work
4) Downgraded the EZSrve firmware back to 1.56
5) Tried to reload the xml files from IE which still didn’t work. No errors, etc., just no data loaded
6) Manually rebuilt the whole system (more hours)
I also used the Discovery utility to try to reload the files but that also didn’t work. Same problem, executed OK with no errors or response but nothing was loaded. Is there a trick or process that needs to be followed? Will xml files from 1.56 work on 2.6?AnonymousInactiveJanuary 6, 2011 at 5:55 pmPost count: 1001
The XML files are very different between V1 and V2. The release notes from the first V2 image from 6/2009 indicates the files are not compatible.
The xml files in this release are not compatible with previous releases.
It will be necessary to reinstall devices, areas, scenes, etc.
The file names are different, the syntax of the content is different, and there is a DevClusters.xml file in V2 that did not exist at V1.AnonymousInactiveJanuary 7, 2011 at 8:20 pmPost count: 26
OK so I upgraded my EZSrve firmware last night. Numerous issues:
1) I used the upgrade utility to upgrade and I selected it to install 2.06.16. On the utility it is listed as a “Beta”; is it a Beta?
2) The EZServe identifies it’s firmware as 2.06.10, PLM version 63
3) The Icon dimmer still installs as device type OTHER (sigh …)
4) The Location Configuration does not respond to just a zip code, or a city, I had to load the latitude and longitude manually
5) If you don’t set the Date and Time to use an NTP then it doesn’t keep the correct time (it is off by hours)
6) I have an Action (ID=0) that I used for testing but now will not delete (other Actions delete OK)
7) If I have 2 Effects, each separated by 3 minutes, the first Effect works fine but the second effect only lasts a matter of seconds
So in general I’m not happy. This has been a lot of work and I still don’t have a functioning Icon dimmer. On a positive note, once I figured out how the Conditions/Actions stuff worked it is pretty cool.
Suggestions on any/all of these points?
–DonAnonymousInactiveJanuary 7, 2011 at 9:17 pmPost count: 1001
Sorry you are having so much difficulty.
1- 2.6.16 is the latest firmware available. It has been out for 4-6 months. It is labeled Beta.
2- the HTML home page was not updated to reflect 2.6.16. Invoke the Java Discovery Tool again (what you used to install 2.6.16) it will show the actual firmware level on the initial screen.
3- what did you specify as the Device Type when you added the ICON Dimmer? I tried two different variants on 2.6.16. Perhaps I did not try the one you chose.
4- I think the web site the EZSrve is using for Zipcode resolution has been shutdown.
5- I run with NTP. Can you expand on this. The Local option is set, the Date and Time is set, the SET TIMEZONE button is clicked, what happens now? The values are not saved, they are saved but the clock does not keep time?
6- The Action with Rec=0, does it display okay and cannot be deleted or does not display? Can you post the Action, I will define it on my system and try to recreate.
7- Was not sure what the symptom is. The Effect takes place (what is the Effect and can you post the Action) and then the device reverts to its old state?
LeeAnonymousInactiveJanuary 7, 2011 at 9:50 pmPost count: 26
3. I didn’t specify a device type, I let the system decide by querying the dimmer
4. OK, but a pain
5. I didn’t realize that I had not set NTP last night when I upgraded. That was at around midnight. This morning when I was looking to see why all the overnight timers had failed I looked at the time to see if it was set correctly. That was at 7:30 AM but the EZSrve thought it was 8:41 PM. I set NTP and now it seems to be running fine.
6. The test Action does not display correctly. If I select the test Action (named “Office”) the Action is Disabled without a condition checked and the Condition is empty. The Action screen shows Attribute= “Select Attribute” and Value=”undefined” for Effect 1. However the XML looks like this:
7. I set up a test Action that had 3 effects: turn light on to 0xFF; turn light on to 0x9A with 3 minute delay; turn light off (0x00) with 3 minute delay. What happened was the light turned ON at the correct time (set by the Condition); 3 minutes later the light turned to 0x9A brightness for just a few seconds and then turned off.
–DonAnonymousInactiveJanuary 7, 2011 at 10:04 pmPost count: 26
Update: I installed the Icon dimmer without it being in the system and set the Device Type to “IconSwitch-Dimmer”. I then connected the switch. I can control it and I can dim it as expected. When I go to the Device Management screen it successfully reads the link table without resetting the Type. This seems hokey but it is at least working.
One other thing I forgot to mention in the earlier email:
8) On the Server Configuration screen there is a message in red at the top left that says “Object Not Found”. I assume that is not normal, correct?
–DonAnonymousInactiveJanuary 8, 2011 at 6:43 pmPost count: 1001
The Delay value for Effect 3 not affecting the execution of Effect 3 along with the invalid values displayed for Attribute and Value have been communicated to SHN. The Effect 3 Delay is a run time problem for which I have no work around. The HTML display problem may be resolved by using the Harmony (Adobe Flash based) Client. The HTML interface will eventually be removed in favor of the Harmony Client.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.