HTML interface: Help with Window definition 2010-09-14T00:05:35+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve HTML interface: Help with Window definition

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40278 |

Just wanted to check my understanding.

When I set an condition based on a time window:

1) The first entry is start of window
    2) The second entry is duration

So for the screenshot attached the condition would occur between 6am and 6pm.

Am I correct?

I only ask because the action didn’t trigger.

Thanks

Peter

Anonymous

The Motion Sensor uses Insteon Group commands to communicate motion. The Motion Sensor must be linked as a Controller to the EZSrve as a Responder for the Motion Sensor to know to send commands to EZSrve and the EZSrve to accept those commands. The Motion Sensor can only be linked programmatically using I2 Extended commands. The last time I checked that ability has not been implemented in the EZSrve (as yet). Use the Set button method to link the Motion Sensor to the EZSrve and see if you get commands. The Status and Attribute of 1101 are correct for recognizing Motion start.

Remove the At Time Window option for this test. Normally I would put the At Time Window Condition in Condition 2 Anded with Condition 1. I think the Device and At Time are Ored when specified on the same Condition.

Anonymous

@grif091 wrote:

The Motion Sensor uses Insteon Group commands to communicate motion. The Motion Sensor must be linked as a Controller to the EZSrve as a Responder for the Motion Sensor to know to send commands to EZSrve and the EZSrve to accept those commands. The Motion Sensor can only be linked programmatically using I2 Extended commands. The last time I checked that ability has not been implemented in the EZSrve (as yet). Use the Set button method to link the Motion Sensor to the EZSrve and see if you get commands. The Status and Attribute of 1101 are correct for recognizing Motion start.

Remove the At Time Window option for this test. Normally I would put the At Time Window Condition in Condition 2 Anded with Condition 1. I think the Device and At Time are Ored when specified on the same Condition.

Thanks grif091

The EZServe part works ie If I make the condition “Anytime” then it triggers (I’ve linked the motion sensor). Just wanted to know if my Window understanding was correct and then figure out why it doesn’t work. The Ored info is very useful (I wondered) – I’ll run an experiment to verify.

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous

So does the Window = start time and duration of window?

Anonymous

Sorry, yes.

Anonymous

Thanks – just to confirm the result of OR’d or AND’d question. The device status and time fields are AND’d/

Oh and my window action is working fine – must have been user error 🙂

Cheers

Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.