HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve How to add SwitchLinc – Dual-band

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Any ideas how to add the new dual band switchlinc dimmer? Selecting switchlinc V2 I get the error “Device did not respond! Unable to read all cluster details”

Thanks

Peter

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Dual Band aspect of any of the Smarthome devices does not matter as far as the functional aspect of the base device. It should function as any other Switchlinc as far as the SwitchLinc function is concerned. The message suggests that there are problems communicating with the device. Does the paddle control the local load correctly? What type of load is being controlled, incandescent bulb, CFL, etc.?

The best way I have found to trouble shoot a problem like this is to connect the device to an ApplianceLinc power cord available from most any home improvement store. This type of power cord has a plug on one end and bare wires on the other. Easy to connect to an Insteon device and can be plugged into the same circuit as the EZSrve. If it works at the EZSrve site than some form of interference, noise, type of load, is likely at the original site.

I have misread an Insteon address label. Taking a B for an 8. Can double check the address being used.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

In addition to communication issues…being a newer device, the information for that switch may not be in the database yet.

Until the device file is updated, you can install the switch manually as a Switchlinc Dimmer (or Relay, depending on the type of switch).

Steps:

– Add a device
    – Select “Manual Entry – Not Detected” from the drop down
    – Enter a Name for the device
    – Enter the INSTEON ID for the device
    – From the Category drop down, select “SmartLabs SwitchLinc V2 Dimmer 600W”
    – Select an icon/picture for your device and click the “Proceed” button.

I hope that helps

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks I managed to get it to work. I selected the 1kW dimmer and tried again. Success. May or may not be the changing the device ie could have been comms issue.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.