Help with HEX code (turn on insteon dimmer at 50%) 2010-09-11T22:29:25+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Help with HEX code (turn on insteon dimmer at 50%)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40277 |

Would someone post (for HTML interface) how I specify an action that turns on an insteon dimmer device at an arbitrary dim level. Also can I specify ramp rate?

Many thanks

BTW very happy with HTML interface – steep learning curve but works and allows really cool actions to be triggered. Flash interface. has been nothing but trouble for me.

Anonymous

In the Effect specify the dimmer device name, Status, 80 for approximately 50%. The attribute value ranges from 0 (Off) to FF (Full On). This is a hex number. Hex 80 is about the middle of the range but it often varies based on the bulb/fixture so it may be necessary to try different values until the desired Bright Level is achieved. Insteon does not allow the ramp rate to be set when controlling the dimmer directly.

To control both the Bright level and Ramp rate it is necessary to define a Scene with the EZServe as the Controller and the dimmer as a responder. LD1 specifies the Bright level and LD2 specifies the ramp rate. Once the Scene is defined it can specified in the Action Effect just as the dimmer device name. Use Status with a value of 0 to turn the Scene Off. Use status with a value of FF to turn the Scene On. The responder will follow the Bright level and Ramp rate defined for the responder of the Scene

Anonymous

Many thanks – makes perfect sense. BTW how do you know so much?

Anonymous

vaughanp

I’ve been Insteon devices almost from when Insteon was first released. Started to build an Insteon device using the old Smartlabs hardware developer kit until Simplehomenet started releasing their product line which included a device I was trying to build to monitor and control my garage. Has been great fun watching the SHN product line evolve. Had the opportunity to test some of the early V2 EZSrve images as they were being developed. There is a public document on insteon.net, insteondetails.pdf, which covers a good amount of information about how Insteon works including the format and context of link records. The document is old but the basics covered in that document still apply. Smartlabs hold much of the Insteon information as proprietary and confidential so it can be hard to glean some of the newer details.

Thanks for posting the information on Motion Sensor uses. Sharing information like that helps the user community.

Lee

Anonymous

Lee; I am also a very early Smartlabs Hardware Developer Kit user. Back when they needed users to spread their products around. Now it is all changed.
    I did have fun talking to a few of the Insteon Engineers.

Anonymous

They actually called me at home when I ordered the hardware kit to see what I was going to build. How times have changed at Smartlabs!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.