"hardwired" X10 forwarding? 2007-11-12T01:59:34+00:00

HOME Forums Controllers EZX10RF "hardwired" X10 forwarding?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #39807 |

Is the EZX10RF supposed to also forward X10 commands from hard-wired (i.e. non-RF) controllers to Insteon devices? Mine doesn’t so I assume that it isn’t supposed to, but in case there’s some trick that can make it work I thought that I would ask.

If it doesn’t, might I suggest a product enhancement?

edc

Anonymous

No, the transceiver only responds to RF X10, not powerline. There are no tricks to make it do that. If we ever add this capability, we will offer free firmware upgrade to existing customers.

Anonymous

Thanks – I’m not sure how many people would be interested in that feature, but count my vote for this new feature.

edc

Anonymous

Considering the product, this may be a good suggestion..

Most, if not all, people here are migrating to INSTEON, however, with the lack of product range of INSTEON RF devices, this seems to be the “bridge”.

I have 3 X10 devices left in my setup. (due to neutral not available)

I would vote “Yes” to implementing this feature, on the condition that it could be turned off if needed..

My .02 cents…

Dan

Anonymous

Well, would you look at that… The day after I posted my last post, I cam across a situation where I need that feature! lol

I am currently attempting to integrate my PLM and EZBridge to linuxmce..
    slow going, have to learn lots… anywho..

For a “quick fix”, I could plug in my cm11a (already integrated with linuxmce) and forward commands…

IF this feature was available in my X10RF…
    <>

Dan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.