Feature request re: ‘AddDevice’ XML command 2008-08-13T21:17:39+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve Feature request re: ‘AddDevice’ XML command

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #40038 |

Would it be possible for you guys to add a packet to the socket after a ‘AddDevice’ command is successfully added? (similar to the way you send out a response packet after a ‘GetRevision’ command is sent)

I use my EZServe as a slave/interface for my own INSTEON interface/server application (e.g.: I do everything through the XML socket).

Specifically, I need this response packet to send back the numeric ID of the device that was successfully added to the EZServe device database so that I can store that ID in my application’s device table. This allows me to then run ‘SetDevice’ commands any time the device data changes within my application. This will allow me to keep things in sync.

Anonymous

We are currently working on the 2.0 API, and this is a good call.

Before then, I would be willing to look at a Beta release.

Also, depending on your app, if it is open source, another member started an open source project called open automator, a JAVA app targeted with an OS independent interface.

If you are interested and willing to contribute – let me know. Regardless, we can look at a beta release to facilitate your development.

Anonymous

@ddlux wrote:

Would it be possible for you guys to add a packet to the socket after a ‘AddDevice’ command is successfully added? (similar to the way you send out a response packet after a ‘GetRevision’ command is sent)

I use my EZServe as a slave/interface for my own INSTEON interface/server application (e.g.: I do everything through the XML socket).

Specifically, I need this response packet to send back the numeric ID of the device that was successfully added to the EZServe device database so that I can store that ID in my application’s device table. This allows me to then run ‘SetDevice’ commands any time the device data changes within my application. This will allow me to keep things in sync.

We were able to squeeze this in to the release coming later today / tomorrow. When you add, the return will be a -1 on fail, or the index number of where the device has been added.

Anonymous

Thank you, Paul! This is great. Which version is it in?

Anonymous

Hi Paul,
    Sorry to nag but I tried getting this working today on v1.55 and I’m not seeing any ‘AddDevice’ responses coming back in on the socket (or any other after adding a device, for that matter). Not sure what I’m doing wrong.
    Daniel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.