EZX10RF stops responding 2008-02-23T03:26:34+00:00

HOME Forums Controllers EZX10RF EZX10RF stops responding

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    #39875 |

Anyone else have this issue? Unit responds to X10 RF signals and correctly sends Insteon for a day or so then stops responding to X10 RF. Unplug the unit and plug back in – works again.

The box (was a replacement unit for first unit which melted) had V1.6 written on it I think.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting. I’ve tried three different outlets on different circuits in case it was electrical noise.

Thanks

Peter

Anonymous

Peter, what is the LED doing when the unit goes off-line?

Anonymous

LED is off. My low tech solution is to plug unit into mechanical timer that turns unit off at 3am back on at 3.15am – works fine so far.

Anonymous

Peter, this is not an acceptable solution for us. We are trying to duplicate the problem. We did have something like this in the past with the EZSnsRF and turned out to be an issue with the PLM comunications. The LED being off points to something similar perhaps.
    The LED being off gives us another clue. We’ll keep you posted.

Al

Anonymous

Appreciate it. I’m going to remove the timer so I can give you more info – like can I still log on to unit via your programming utility once it stop responding. If I can get some video I’ll do that too.

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous

I did a full h/w reset (push button and apply ac wait 12 secs release button) reprogrammed and the unit is working without fail for 3 days now (no daily reset via timer)

Please stop investigation until I can get a failure again.

Sorry for trouble.

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous

Yes, I have the same trouble. (I mentioned it in an earlier thread.) When the module stops responding, the LED is bright. I unplug it, it resets, and it works for a while (typically a half-day or day) before dying again.
    George

Anonymous

This is a very similar problem that I have experienced. To me, it appears to just lock up. The LED is in its normal dim nature, however, any commands from any of 6 different X10 RF units do not get repeated onto the power line.
    This goes for Insteon or X10 and is unpredictable. Sometimes goes for 3 or 4 days without failing. Unpluging to reset, brings it back to life.
    This is a brand new unit with firmware 1.4.

Does Simplehome recommend unit replacement or are there any work arounds?

Thanks,
    Denis

Anonymous

Module lockup is obviouslly not normal behavior.

Please contact us via phone or email (support@simplehomenet.com) and we will work with you to resolve the issue.

Anonymous

Add mine to the list. Same problems. Works for a day or two then locks up. When locked up the light is bright.

Unplug it for a couple of seconds and it starts again.

Anonymous

Plase call for an RMA number and we’ll gladly update your unit to V 1.9 which we have been shipping for a while. This version works with all variations of the PLM to avoid a lock-up condition.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.