EZSrve Recovery Help? 2009-06-27T23:53:18+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve EZSrve Recovery Help?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Anonymous
    Post count: 55
    #40177 |

    I tried upgrading my 1.60 EZSrve to 2.00 using the discovery.jar tool. All appeared well and the application reported that the device should reboot and be available in ~45 seconds. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case. It appears that the image and/or data files are corrupted as both amber and green lights remain on constantly as alluded to in other posts.

    I tried the TFTP procedure as outlined in a prior post to no avail. After doing a hard reset / power cycle, I can see the EZSrve and ping to it at 192.168.1.125 but the EZSrve does not appear to initiate a TFTP transfer from the Solar Winds TFTP server. I also tried using the “flash image” or “upgrade module” functions in the SHN utility (Error: The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred on a receive) and the tried using the Win XP TFTP client to put an image.bin file on 192.168.1.125 (timeout occurred).

    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Update: Nevermind… turned off Windows Firewall and TFTP initiated OK… Good lesson.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 1001

    Be sure to upload the DevClusters.xml file that is part of the 02.00 .zip download file. The Java Discovery tool does not upload this file.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 256

    If the procedure outlined in the release notes fails, please call us before trying any methods other than the TFTP recovery outlined.
    It would also help us to know if you had the unit on a static IP before the upgrade?

    We recognize the Java utility is not “in sync” with 2.0. A revision is coming thanks to AJ Cohen that will handle the total upgrade including the uploading of DevClusters.xml

    Anonymous
    Post count: 55

    Thanks for the comments.
    To clarify, I upgraded using the Java Discovery tool because of comments in the documentation and elsewhere regarding IE8. The device was set to use DHCP with a fixed address provided by my router.

    One further question: Should it be possible to go back to 1.60? I can’t seem to get that to work…

    Thanks.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 256

    Version 2.0 of the Java applet is now posted. Please try that. It will let you downgrade to 1.6.

    Anonymous
    Post count: 55

    @simplehome wrote:

    Version 2.0 of the Java applet is now posted. Please try that. It will let you downgrade to 1.6.

    Thanks, but the link isn’t active yet… The website responds with: “The requested document was not found on this server.”

    At this point I probably will try to go back to 1.6 if possible. With 2.0 for some reason the response times to activate sceenes are significantly slower, particularly if I activate one then try to do another. There also seems to be a bug in the list files page. I’ve had trouble getting it to load (I’ve found that it loads best if after it launches I go back to the main window and press the Device View / Control button). Also, my actions.xml won’t display. I get the message:

    A string literal was expected, but no opening quote character was found. Error processing resource ‘http://192.168.0.10/FS/…

    <Effect Device=

    It looks like the file was truncated at the last action / device entry.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.