EZSrve Image 1.58 Supports Macro Trigger On Group Number 2008-10-27T21:02:52+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve EZSrve Image 1.58 Supports Macro Trigger On Group Number

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    #40077 |

The 1.58 Image has expanded on the 1.57 enhancements such that Macros can be defined to trigger on a specific Group/Button number. Image 1.57 added the ability to enter a 4 digit hex number in a Timer Command: field and Macro Does: fields. The 4 digit hex number represents cmd1 and cmd2 values. This allows a Timer/Macro to issue an ON to a specific Bright level (1180) for example. Image 1.58 expands on this feature to allow the cmd2 value in the Macro If Does: field to represent a specific Group/Button number. An “If Device: KPL1 Does: 1103″ statement causes the Macro to fire only when an ON command from KPL1 button 3 is received by EZSrve. An “If Device: KPL1 Does: 1203” statement causes the Macro to fire only when a double tap Fast ON command from KPL1 button 3 is received. An “If Device: KPL1 Does: 1303” statement causes the Macro to fire only when an OFF command from KPL1 button 3 is received. This new capability applies to all the devices that supply a Group number on an inbound Group command sequence. This allows a Macro to trigger on a specific Virtual Input Group number from an EZSnsRF or EZX10RF, or a specific Input Group number from one of the EZIOxx family of devices.

Anonymous

I have two questions:

1) After you select “Enter Command”, where do you actually enter the command numbers?

2) Do you have an “up to date” list of command codes? Command 0x12 is not documented anywhere I have read.

Thanks.

Anonymous

Select Enter Command from the pulldown list. This will put the words Enter Command into the input field. Hitting the keyboard delete key will remove the Enter Command words from the input field, allowing space to type 1103, for example (Group 3 ON).

Command 0x12 is Fast On (decimal 18 might be more familiar). These are Insteon commands which you should be able to find in an Insteon reference document. Try looking on the Smarlabs web site or the insteon.net site.

0x11 (17) On
    0x12 (18) Fast On
    0x13 (19) Off
    0x14 (20) Fast Off

That is about as far as my memory goes. There is a Brighten, Dim and stop Brighten/Dim but I don’t remember the codes off the top. The way I find out a particular command is to perform the action on a device. If I want to know what a Brighten command is, hold down the On paddle or KPL button and look at an Insteon trace to see the command code generated by the device in question.

Anonymous

I downloaded the image, updated to 1.58, and figured out how to make the commands after pressing delete. On the first test it seemed to work, but then did not work at all. Then I noticed that none of my macros were working- I can see the Insteon commands appearing in the control window of the SHN utility, but no response for macros that have been working just fine (about 30 of them). So, I tried several things- unplugged the plm/cable, reset the ezserve, re-imaged the firmware…..still nothing. My next step was to try going back to the 1.57 image to see if that cured it, but then realized I had overwritten that file on the download. I have an older version (1.56 maybe) that I can try- any other suggestions?

Anonymous

If you have not unplugged EZSrve, do so for about 20 seconds. Are you running multiple macros at the same time?. If you trigger multiple macros, either directly from the same trigger or cascade them it can cause the PLM to hang up when several device commands hit the PLM at the same time. If you are triggering multiple macros, try putting a small delay in the second, third, etc using the After Delaying: feature.

Anonymous

Any chance that you could repost the 1.57 image somewhere? Since updating to 1.58 my simple macro no longer works, and when I tried reseting everything, I find that my devices can only be linked manually. If I don’t manually link each switch the EZSrve can’t establish a link!

I don’t know if its a coincidence, or 1.58 is less tolerant regarding establishing links and recognizing macro conditions that should trigger events.

I should have archived my copy of 1.57, but since all the images have to have the same name its a bit of a hassle keeping versions straight.

Anonymous

I have no authority to post images. If you send me a PM with your email address I can email a 1.57 image. I would be surprised if that has any affect on linking. The If Does: Group recognition of the cmd2 value was added to 1.58 along with a change associated with the Macro screen display. Nothing that would affect device linking. I guess if a hex value in the cmd2 field of the If Does: field was set to something non zero but not matching a Group number the macro would trigger at 1.57 because the cmd2 field was ignored on the IF side of the macro. At 1.58 the cmd2 field must be 00 to trigger on any Group number or a valid Group number to cause the macro to trigger on a specific Group. If a command name was used in 1.57, such as ON or OFF, no change is required at 1.58.

Anonymous

This is a great feature- thanks to the SHN guys for getting this working!

I got my macros to work again by editing the macro.xml file in notepad and doing a find/replace all for the cmd2 from FF to 00, and then downloading to EZServe.

When using the if:does for a keypad I had to link each button on the pad to the PLM separately with the button as the controller and the PLM as the responder to get it to work (otherwise EZServe does not see the Insteon traffic from that button).

The then:does group command feature does not seem to work even though the web interface gives us the option of entering a four digit code (just turns on the load/button1 to a dim level corresponding to the group number).

One other issue- if you use the if:does:on in the web interface for a dimmer or other device it will code cmd2 as FF and the macro may not work. But you can use the command entry option to enter the four digit code 1100 for on and 1300 for off and it will work fine.

Anonymous

The KeypadLinc hardware uses a Group command sequence when a button is pressed ON or OFF. A link to some Insteon device for the specific KPL button is required before a Group command sequence is issued. You can link the KPL button to another Insteon device for direct control of that device and/or link to EZSrve as the responder for the specific button for the option of triggering a macro for that specific button (Group) press.

The Then Device: Does: issues a Direct command to the specified device where a 1180 is an ON command with a Bright level of 80. To get to a specific button on a KPL you need a Group command sequence. You can define a Scene with EZSrve as the Controller and the KPL as the responder. LD3 in the responder data in the responder link record in the KPL identifies the button number (1-8) affected by a Group message to that responder link. Specify the Scene name in the Then Device: field with the Does: field specifying an ON or OFF to turn the respective KPL button LED On or Off. Because it is a Scene name rather than a Device name, a Group command sequence is issued by the macro rather than the usual Direct command. This is not unique to 1.58.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.