HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve EZSrve Firmware 1.20 Release

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Is available in our download section.

http://www.simplehomenet.com/support.asp?page_id=supDownloads

After updating, please be sure to clear your browser history. Depending on security and settings, we cannot ensure all images / settings are cleared.

IE
    tools -> internet options -> delete browser history

Firefox
    tools -> clear private data

– Device status polling in View Areas screen
    – Electronic linking for I2 (INSTEON i2 Engine) devices
    – Ability to add a device without a link
    – Backup / Restore database functionality
    – Activating Iframes in View Areas screen for improved device status update
    – Save/Restore Time Zone settings
    – Fixed changing password bug
    – Increase in brightness level option (by 20%) in View Areas screen (Made
    consistent with Timers and Macros screen)

Sorry, but the manual is not yet updated. Look for it in 1-2 days. Most of the new features should be self evident – please post / email / call with questions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul:

Thanks for the update. As usual, I found a few oopses:
    1: Update firmware cleared timers (but not devices).
    If that’s expected, no problem

2: Update password worked better than before, but it didn’t really.
    After I changed the PW, I couldn’t log in. Tried a bunch of variations
    (I have the PW assigned to a programmable key on my keyboard
    so I _probably_ didn’t fat-finger it. Tried not using shift, all lowercase
    no joy, but hitting the “reset” button got the default PW back, so I’m
    up and working. My pw is of the form Xyyzrwb! in case it matters)

3: save to file…??? When I hit “save to file”, a dialog pops up with

Uh…. nevemind that one – it looks like it is working now. I guess I
    needed to give it a little time to digest stuff. Now when I hit the
    save button, the status bar on the browser shows transferring
    data from otto, but to where???

4: Tried adding a device that isn’t currently plugged in (I assume that’s
    what “Ability to add a device without a link” means. The dialog looked
    happy, but the new device doesn’t show up anywhere. Do we have to
    link it before we can use it?

Other than those – looking better.
    – The polling looks fine – (I’ll have to wait for something to get
    turned on to make sure that it really works…)
    – I hadn’t noticed a brightness discrepancy…
    – not sure what I would look for to see what the Iframes fix does
    – I see “save” timezone, but no restore? (unless it is restored by the
    “restore from file” button)
    – now I see what the “electronic linking” means! Cool! No more running
    all over pushing the little buttons.

Overall, thanks again for the quick fixes – the EZServe has been pretty reliable, although I still have one apparent “dead spot” that sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. (_NOT_ an EZServe issue, I don’t think)

Oops – just found another one: in the View/Manage areas, it looks like polling does work OK, but the status of a device doesn’t get updated right after you hit one of the manual “ON” or “Off” buttons on that screen. The device (an ApplianceLinc) does click, but the status remains what it was before the button push. Pushing the button a second time (i.e. press “on” twice) does set the status correctly.

edc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul:

I was confused – the save doesn’t work. It pops up a window that lists the XML files. If I click on any of those other than latlong3.xml or portno.xml all I get is:
    XML Parsing Error: syntax error
    Line Number 1, Column 1:

v1
    ^

Even for those files that work, they’re just displayed. Do we need to cut&paste to a bunch of little files or to one great big file or… or are instructions coming when you get the doc updated?

thanks
    edc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry – it is a little confusing – we are going to create an automated function in a future release.

Right click on the file, and select save link as. Then when you select restore, you select the XML file you saved. This allows you to save each of the databases, modify the XML directly if you wish (please use caution), and then save it back to the module.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul:

I have mostly ApplianceLincs with 2 Icon Appliance Adapters. With rev 1.00, they both got configured as OTHERS for the device type. It looks like you’ve fixed that and that the address gets looked up – but – the Icon device (which I tried to config as an ApplianceLinc but which gets reset to Icon) doesn’t let me _do_ anything in the timers section!

If I select the Icon device, then the Command drop-down just gives me one choice: “No Command to select”…..

I’m going to try to config as OTHERS to see if that will stop the lookup, but I notice that the “electronic linking” doesn’t seem to have an equivalent “electronic un-linking” so I get to run all over pushing buttons!

edc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just loaded 1.20 –

Same problem with the XML Parsing error – if you choose view source on the page you can see the first line is what’s causing the error – all the expected XML text is there but the first line with the v1 in it is what’s causing the trouble.

Tried the get area status function – it works fine, but I think the dialog box that pops up saying it was successful and you have to acknowledge is kind of annoying.

My timers were also deleted on the upgrade. It’s not a problem to re-enter them…

I am hoping that this version will solve my sunset/sunrise issues. So far I haven’t had any success getting this timer type working in any version.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul:

Just tried using “OTHERS” and it didn’t work – I figured out that SHU still works so I can delete links without running around, and had it up when I added the new device, so I saw the extra messages running back and forth where you seem to be collecting ID info and autoconfiguring. That’s great, except when it prevents stuff from working…..(now I now how my customers felt when our spiffy new autoconfig code didn’t quite work right….)

edc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just got a pot of coffee going.

Comments noted. Expect 1.30 in a couple days with some fixes + a couple new features. I will keep everybody apprised of our status.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Paul:

You don’t have to fix them all tonight! Once again I need to tell you how nice it is to work with a responsive company!

edc

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t worry – they won’t be fixed all tonight + testing – but thanks for the understanding.

I want to re-affirm that Simplehomenet considers the EZSrve a pivotal product, and that enabling a product like this will truly drive home automation. So, for that reason, and our passion for what we are doing, it will be fixed ASAP.

Expect the next release in a couple days.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having problems adding devices the old way (pushing paddle) with V1.2

Dialog box always asks for Insteon ID

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Peter

Anonymous
    Inactive

Peter,

If you just type the Device Name, and hit save (without selecting anything else) it should send you to the “please press the button” mode of linking. If you start to enter more information, we assume you are looking for a complete add (are you selecting the device type)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Paul – yes that’s what I’m doing. I only enter the name then click save, thought I did try selecting the device type as well with same result

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to duplicate the problem on a specific setup – we will get it fixed in the 1.30 frame.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s the screen shot sequence

Type in name -> Click Save -> Pop up -> Answer Yes -> Enter ID

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2297/2261467387_9b5cabc411_b.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘EZSrve Firmware 1.20 Release’ is closed to new replies.