EZServe (V1.3) – help with keypadlinc 2008-02-18T19:27:29+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve EZServe (V1.3) – help with keypadlinc

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #39869 |

This is not a V1.3 question just looking for help.

Here’s the setup

1) In my son’s room I have an outletlinc controlling a heater
    2) EZServe runs a timer to turn on the heater in evening and off in morning
    3) For local control I linked Outletlinc to a spare button on 8 button keypadlinc (this was crosslinked Outletlinc < -> Keypadlinc)

Everything works great timer run, I have local control via keypadlinc

Here’s where I need help. How do I get Keypadlinc LED to indicate status of Outletlinc when turned on and off via EZserve?

So for example, when EZserve turns on heater, button on Keypadlinc does not turn on.

Thanks for advice in advanced!

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous

This unfortunately will require some direct Insteon commands – peeking / poking. You can use the timers or macros to trigger this event.

The following address 0x0262 is the current state of the LEDs on a keypad. SO, you should be able to do the following:

Send
    28 02

Then
    2B 62

Then, you have to POKE in the value you want
    29 (BIT VALUE)

Finally you have to read the eeprom
    24 00

Complicated, isn’t it? I think I will work up an example and share it so people can see what is happening, and we may try to create an easier way to do this in EZSrve as well.

Anonymous

Yes I the last time I peeked and poked was circa 1985! Look forward to a DIY example (thanks Paul)

Cheers

Peter

Anonymous

Did you ever come up an example? Family members are looking to the keypad linc for status of some things.

@pauln wrote:

This unfortunately will require some direct Insteon commands – peeking / poking. You can use the timers or macros to trigger this event.

The following address 0x0262 is the current state of the LEDs on a keypad. SO, you should be able to do the following:

Send
    28 02

Then
    2B 62

Then, you have to POKE in the value you want
    29 (BIT VALUE)

Finally you have to read the eeprom
    24 00

Complicated, isn’t it? I think I will work up an example and share it so people can see what is happening, and we may try to create an easier way to do this in EZSrve as well.

Anonymous

I am sorry – I should have updated this thread!

You can add each button on a keypad link as a device in EZSrve – then, trigger the button on the keyapd link

Here is the thread:

http://www.simplehomenet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=329&start=15

Let me know if this doesn’t help.

Anonymous

Works very well. For other users – following linking instructions in other thread. Once the KPL buttons are all linked then setup two macros one that toggles the button on when the desired load is turned on and another macro that does the same when the desired is turned off.

Now when my timers run and turn on my son’s room space heater the KPL button status also updates!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.