EZServe loses time 2009-09-27T13:29:49+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve EZServe loses time

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    #40216 |

I have noticed twice that the EZServe will lose its time of day during lightning storms. Any others with similar situation? Any preventive measures?

Anonymous

How far out of sync was the time. Did the EZSrve lose power during the storms and if so for how long? If power was lost, did the modem also lose power? I’m wondering if the EZSrve recovered from a power loss faster than the modem and was not able to sync with the internet time source because the modem recovery lagged the EZSrve. I have not seen the issue but my DSL modem is on the same UPS as the PC so outages normally do not affect the DSL connection.

Anonymous

I did some tests by pulling the plug on the EZSrve. It came back to the correct time when power was restored but I had a working internet connection when power was restored.

I did find that if the NPT option and time zone was set from Local/Manual, as would exist after a Reset, the date and time would be correct but would come back as Local/Manual after a loss of power if the SET TIMEZONE button was not clicked after setting the NPT and time zone option. Once I clicked on SET TIMEZONE with the proper NPT and time zone values in effect, I can remove power and when restored, the correct date and time come back.

Anonymous

No power outage was experienced. EZSrve shows 1/1/2009 as date and restarts at midnight.

We had a lightning strike and our computer screens would blank out for a split second, but no modem or EZServe outage. At your suggestion I have used the “set timezone” and shall see what happens with the next storm (maybe a while as our summer storm season is ending).

Anonymous

If the screen blinked likely there was enough outage to cause the EZSrve to reboot. You can test the success of the SET TIMEZONE click by unplugging the EZSrve for 20/30 seconds. The correct date/time should be in effect after plugging it back in assuming the EZSrve has access to the internet to get the correct date/time for specified time zone. The EZSrve will boot up automatically when power is restored but you will have to login again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.