EZServe Died 2008-12-19T02:58:04+00:00

HOME Forums Gateways EZSrve EZServe Died

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    #40116 |

My EZServe just died. I have been getting the PLM errors almost every day for the past 3 days. The web interface worked but the restart did not. I would unplug the EZServe, plug it back in and it would work for another 12-24 hours. This morning, same plm error, unplugged, waited a few seconds, plugged back in, and now I cannot connect to it at all. Tried the hard reset (unplug, plug back in , wait 2-3 seconds, hold reset (pinhole) button down for 15-20 seconds, wait 3 minutes) and still nothing. Checked my router for attached devices and it does not see it. Also checked my APC unit to see if any voltage anomalies were detected and non have been recorded in 3+weeks – the EZServe was working OK until 3-4 days ago. I know I was on at least rev 1.58 but thought I had upgraded to 1.59 around Thanksgiving. I do have insteon and x10 connected to the system (lights and appliance modules only).

Not sure if there’s a direct connect and reflash procedure I could try or if the unit is dead.

Anyone have other thoughts? It was working fine for several months.

Anonymous

I’m starting to have the same problems with mine since I upgraded to the 1.59 firmware. I’m getting PLM errors when I try to do just about anything now. If I do a reset it will work for a few hours and then I start getting the PLM errors again. I’ve been told that the older EZServes have a problem with the PLM’s in them. I’m hoping that Simplehomenet will let me trade in my unit for a new one.

Anonymous

kurbo, see if you can ping EZSrve at 192.168.1.125, that is the default IP address. There is a procedure for using a TFTP server to load EZSrve but I don’t remember the actual procedure. I had to download the free SolarWinds TFTP server and then set the PC address to something specific EZSrve was looking for. If you can ping 192.168.1.125 I think that means your Reset put EZSrve into a mode which may require the TFTP server to do the image upload. Too far back to remember the specifics. I’d call to SHN Support if you cannot login to do an image upload.

Joe B, there are some know issues with the PLM regarding executing multiple Timers at the same time and/or triggering multiple macros from the same event which then issue commands at the same time. If you have multiple Timers triggering at the same time, shift one to a later time. If multiple macros are triggered from the same event, use the After Delay feature and shift one of the macro commands to a slightly later time. At least a few seconds. This seems to be more prevalent with X10 but I believe can happen with Insteon as well.

Anonymous

Thanks, I had my router limited on IP addresses and after expanding to include .1.125 I can see it connected to the router but the SHN utilites wont recognize it as an EZServe. I sent an email to SHN yesterday. Maybe not dead, just trapped in alternate universe.

Anonymous

grif091, thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a try. Isn’t there a code upgrade to the PLM that resolves these issues? I thought I read that some people had sent their units in and had the PLM codes (or the actual PLM itself, not sure which) upgraded to resolve these kind of problems.

Anonymous

There was something in the release notes that mentioned a future PLM release from Smarthome would address the problem. I have not seen anything about that PLM being released by Smarthome. Smarhome and SimpleHomeNet have been shipping a newer version of the PLM with larger memory that supports 2000+ links but that was available before the simultaneous command problem surfaced.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.